Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    odd size pdf created by scanner ?

hello all..
    not sure how odd size PDFs come about..(ex.8.34X11.2).. probably from a scanner DF...
    but at a large realestate firm when trying to print those kinds of PDFs they tell me it won't print (color Kyo FS5400 printer) .. not sure if theres a message on the screen as it all backs up, they probably hit cancel cancel kick curse etc, then called me..

how can i get the 5400 ( or the B/W 4020) to "override" ... ignore the funky size and just say "OK youre close enough to 8 1/2 X 11" and print ?

thx...

Guy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar
    I just ran a 8.08"x10.56" PDF through our FS-C5200 without any error. I am using KX ver 5.2, all of the paper settings in the driver are set to "auto select", and I'm using the PCL 5c emulation. The only other setting I see that may or may not have any bearing on this issue is the "Override A4/LTR setting in the printer is set to "On".

If these are Kyocera MFPs creating these scanned PDFs, makes sure to turn Full Scan "on" in the scanner default settings. This will create full size, 8 1/2"x11" PDFs. Not sure if this is still even an option, but it was up until the Falcon 3.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

It is easier to correct the scan size. Like Metalvoc says, if the scanner is also Kyocera you can select the original scan size, even set it as a default. The original default setting is to create a scan that is the same size as the original. I've found that each scanner is pretty consistent. For example, on the scanner I was working on, any letter sized original resulted in a 8.56" x 11.07" scan. Many federal agencies require the scan size to be no more than 8.5" x 11.0", so my scanner created a problem.

I personally do not think that Override A4/LTR will help. Kyocera drivers do not have a Fit-Image-To-Paper-Size function. But if the user selects a specific existing paper tray or paper size there should be no problem. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

driver issue..

ok thanks for the response and push in the right direction...

I need to deal with this account properly...
    I found that the 5400 was installed with the same IP that the removed color HP was using..
    so folks (45 users in a real estate office) continue to print thru the server to a Color HP driver...

i remember once going on a W2K3 server and rightclicking the printer, leftclick properties, then the advancded tab and then clicking on New Driver.. if i remember it didnt go well.. the printer went "offline" on all the client workstions..

i suppose the right thing to do is load a brand new KX driver and point it to the C5400 IP....
    this office though doesnt use AD.. (clients just in a workgroup mode i think) so each user then would have to manually add the new printer right?

thx again..
    im in my own little world w/o your posts!

Guy

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar
    I don't know all the pro's and con's, but I have made a habit of always installing new drivers, not updating through the current printer. If there is a server there, or even a main workstation that never gets turned off, like many smaller accounts, you should be able to share the printer out to all the other workstations. Depending on their office, and how many workstations you need to set up, it may work better for you to simply install the driver at each computer. This would eliminate the possibility that anyone is still using the old driver.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

That is one of the drawbacks of retaining the IP address of the previous printer. Users will continue to use whatever driver is already loaded. Definitely remove the HP drivers. Whether you want to load the Kyocera driver to a server and share it out, or load it to each PC is up to you. The end affect is about the same. For me, the deciding factor would be "How many workstations." If it's just a few (12 or less), it doesn't make much difference. But I'm not going to load drivers to hundreds of workstations, especially since it usually not my responsability. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=