Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    certified scrub 500+ Posts
    FYI, MS Publisher and booklet printing.

Machine used: Voyager.
    Software: MS [censored] Publisher.

KM/CS machine these days are nicely designed to print booklets with auto zooming feature. If you want to print/copy letter size document onto legal size paper, just make sure that the paper is placed in the top-edge-left/landscape orientation.(just an example, its actually much more flexible with other sizes)

With MS publisher however, things are a bit restricted or refined pending how you see it. Publisher is fully customizable and a powerful page layout tool, and due to its manual customization, print setup requires a bit tweaking.

Here is how one would setup for [censored] Publisher:

1. The document size should only be in portrait statement or letter size, if for anything else, you'll need to customize the dimension (ie. to print on 11 x 8.5, the original should be 5.5 x 8.5)

2. Dont go into Publisher's feed setup, MS is short sighted on that as they think Publisher is mainly matched with desktop wimpy printers.

3. Under "Print" >set Print one sided on portrait. No double siding, no multiple prints on single page, no folding. This is so that the KX driver will see this as a regular run of the mill multi page document.

4. > Printer properties with KX installed, enable booklet feature, choose landscape.

5. Set the output tray to folding tray for fold, or anywhere for just printing, you should have it the way you wanted.

have fun

Geek Extraordinaire 2,500+ Posts KenB's Avatar
    Ah, Publisher... the poor man's PageMaker... or should I say InDesign.

Unfortunately, it seems that almost every church out there uses it, and they're by far the most likely ones to make booklets. Then, of course, there are the small print shops who seem to live by it.

It's really sad that Micro$oft assumes that everybody only has a dumb desktop printer. After all these years of MFPs with various cool features, they are still in the dark ages when it comes to printing. (Can you say "Excel"?)
    “I think you should treat good friends like a fine wine. That’s why I keep mine locked up in the basement.” - Tim Hawkins

certified scrub 500+ Posts

you know it LOL.

They are exactly that.