Hi People

This is not a repost, this is just my solution that was posted by my supervisor with little info so i taught id repost with my findings.....

Considering KM6030/Utax 1060 and newer 62/82 cpm tyres cost 56 euro a pair to my find of Ricoh/utax mod total of 10 euro

Ok so we have a huge fleet of KM6030/Utax 1060 and newer 62/82 cpm on the field and we are forever having callouts regarding jams from the first and second tray.. Which is very time consuming not to mention stressfull having to fill in GRAN forms etc... So im in the workshop and doing my stocktake, when i find all the used/worn KM6030/Utax 1060 and newer 62/82 cpm tyres... so im thinking if i could get some of the old Ricoh rollers onto the shaft i might have a good thing going as we had lots of new tyres for ricoh....

To start
  • Place the used KM6030/Utax 1060 and newer 62/82 cpm feed tyres in warm water with lots of washing up liquid
  • Use the handle end of a teaspoon on the small end of the shaft
  • gently wind the handle into the shaft and wind it round till the rubber slides off
  • Repeat the process for Ricoh tyres AF030080 & AF031080
  • So now add the Ricoh rubber to the Utax shaft in Sep to sep/ feed to feed format
  • Once fitted allow time for the washing up liquid to dry before testing....
  • Ready to go
  • Tray 1 springs set to 3
  • Tray 2 springs set to 1
  • Tray 3 & 4 springs set to 4 respectively
This is at present been tried tesed and has cut S/C by more than half on these machines...

Hope this helps guys