Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Add paper in tray 1 on 2560

Had a CS 2560 that had a message on the operation panel that said ‘add paper in tray 1’. I could not get past this message. I could not feed from tray 2 or MP tray (could not select either tray). Swapped feed sections and cassettes from tray 1 to tray 2, but still same problem. Reseated all connectors on the engine board. Tried to do a U906, but would not allow me to do so. I could not get past this message. After talking to tech services, I disconnected fax card and everything worked fine. Put fax card back in and was able to use all functions. Faxes also printed out from memory. Was even able to do a U906. Fax still worked and everything on machine tested fine. Hope this helps someone else with strange problems.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts peterepeat's Avatar
    Had a very similar experience only when I reinstalled the fax card the message would come back. Thought it was a bad fax so I replaced it, - but nothing changed.
    Ended up reformatting the HD to resolve. Apparently a corrupt fax print job or something

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Add paper in tray 1 on 2560

Hey, I've seen that before. I just felt a little tickle in the gray matter, all the way in the back corner ...

"Load Paper Tray #1" when paper is full. When attempt is made to cancel the offending document from the Status screen "Cannot cancel fax or ifax receptions." is displayed. When Fax System (M) is removed message disappears, all but fax is restored. Corrupt fax reception is stuck in memory. Export user data to USB in sim U917. Note destination (66 for Copystar, 02 for Kyocera), SMTP, and IP address. Run Data Clear U022. The offending document will be printed. Re-enter destination & SMTP data and import U917 data.

I tried a new fax board assembly on mine also, but it didn't help. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=