Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Taskalfa toner and what your doing about it.

just like most of you and your taskalfa machines the toner levels are not lasting as many prints as they say it should, as a dealership how are you coping with this? r u charging customers for anything over 5% fill rates? are you selling the machines at with black toner in contract and selling color toner as they need it?

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar
    If you know what kind of images they're gonna print, you can adjust your cost/copy. We have a customer who is printing online newspapers on A3-format for sailors who visit the Rotterdam Harbour. This guy prints with a very high coverage rate, so our account manager takes that into account when he calculates the price/copy.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Unless you've done a study to know what the "average" fill rate will be so that a flat rate for color and B/W will be, the only choice on current models is to have a limit on the number of cartridges included and then bill for the extras or don't include toner at all in your service agreement and bill all toner separately. Of course, with Kyocera's micro-toner, customers must be sure to shake and "knock" on the cartridge to make sure it's loose to get all the toner. Now, the new Taskalfa's coming out allow you to set up tiered billing for different color fill rates... It will be interesting to see how our dealerships navigate this tool.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar
    I believe that firmware version 10, reduces the amount of toner on the page, and going through the WTB system

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar
    We deal in utax 1725/taskalfa 250ci m/c and toners, and have many on site. We began to notice that the BK toners were not even doing half there expected prints, after doing F11 it began to help but sources say that these machines use more toner processing small copies rather than large jobs. My SM contacted our supplier regaeding this issue and now we get a rebate and discount on toner

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Taskalfa toner and what your doing about it.

u147.

need more explaination about this code. i have a hunch the machines is ejecting too much good toner during cleaning(the gist of it).

I want to know the apply time and the sleeve cleaning time. There's hardly anything about this.

As long as the engineer keep shutting up, or KM USA/Canada limit their tech base to textbook base and not above there can be no improvements.

Ideally, every machine should have a revisit after the first 3 months. Check the coverage ratio, fine tune the machine according to their usage. The additional u325 mode 4/5 isnt a permanent fix, its cutting back on toner output, hue will be off on some application.

There's service manual, and the service manual for geeks, where's mine!?
    Last edited by jmaister; 05-18-2011 at 06:43 AM.