Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    radu1905

Question FS 1128 MFP Scanning problems

Hello,

I have just bought this machine and I couldn't figure out yet how to scan using the machine attached to a wireless router. I have the computer wired to the same router.
    I have tried on two OS Windows 7 and XP Pro with no better results.
    I have installed everything from the CD and I have no warnings, everything looks OK. I have fully functionality for the printer but when trying to scan using WSD the computer is not visible.
    I have installed then the machine as a network printer from Printers and faxes and leaving the installation process to pick up the drivers from the CD. It had better results as I was able to see the computer. That wasn't enough as the scanning couldn't be completed. I got the message "the automatic scanning can't be completed". Is it any trick or tip in installing this machine and using as a scanner as well.
    I have only suceeded to install it as USB printer and with TWAIN driver to scan from word. It is not what I have looked for when I bought it. The scanning features include OCR and pdf file format that I am looking to use. Otherwise I would purchase a much cheaper one for printing and a scanner.
    Any ideas despite what I have already tried? The documentation provided on CD and official website is not very helpful. Many thanks indeed. Radu

You can set up the machine to scan thru USB (like what you did to work just like any scanner)
    You can set it up as a network scanner, usually i set it up using SMB... basically you define a folder on the computer, and the machine drops the scanned doc in there... it can be saved as image, PDF etc.

Anyways you can do that using the machine's browser... as its installed on the network, go into you favorite internet explorer and type in the machines IP as the address...
    left hand side will ask you to log in... default PW is admin00
    In there you can access all the functions/configs of the machine... you can use the address book to configure the destinations to where you wanna send the documents, email, SMB, FTP etc
    To configure SMB -> on the pc create a folder name it what you wish, then share it with full access on the network.
    On the machine you must give either the IP address of the computer (i prefer using the computer's name, since if IP is changed you cant scan anymore)
    give the name of the shared folder, and also your windows username and password (the machine has to validate the access or the computer will deny acess)

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FS 1128 MFP Scanning problems

Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

radu1905
    Hi,

Thank you very much.
    Can you please let me know what is the default login?
    I have tried administrator or default with pw admin00 and I haven't succeeded.

Many thanks,
    Radu

Quote Originally Posted by hekotez View Post
    You can set up the machine to scan thru USB (like what you did to work just like any scanner)
    You can set it up as a network scanner, usually i set it up using SMB... basically you define a folder on the computer, and the machine drops the scanned doc in there... it can be saved as image, PDF etc.

Anyways you can do that using the machine's browser... as its installed on the network, go into you favorite internet explorer and type in the machines IP as the address...

In there you can access all the functions/configs of the machine... you can use the address book to configure the destinations to where you wanna send the documents, email, SMB, FTP etc
    To configure SMB -> on the pc create a folder name it what you wish, then share it with full access on the network.
    On the machine you must give either the IP address of the computer (i prefer using the computer's name, since if IP is changed you cant scan anymore)
    give the name of the shared folder, and also your windows username and password (the machine has to validate the access or the computer will deny acess)

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    FS 1128 MFP Scanning problems

Admin
    Admin
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

radu1905
    Thank you!

radu1905

network scanner still not working

Hi,

Many thanks for the details supplied but it looks I need in depth details.

I have succeeded to connect on the machine's command center and I have given the computer IP and the name of the shared folder. Also I have given the computer name and the password used to connect to windows. I don't have a domain for the local network but only a workgroup.

When I am trying a scanning with SMB option I still can not get the scanner to work.

If possible can you please give more details about how to set up the configuration within Command Center?

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards, Radu

First prep the computer...
    Create the folder (it should be in the root of the harddrive ex: C:\Scanner)... share it it MUST have full permissions of access
    To toss out possible problems goto control panel and disable the windows firewall, if you have an antivirus with firewall disable it too

On the machine sign in (yeah its admin admin, i was thinking on the model before yours sorry)
    Goto the adress book... create a contact and start filling required fields
    Name, file destination (your computer's name or IP adress...), name of destinations folder, login details...
    NOTE:diferent versions of windows, have different SMB protocols, you either configure SMB port under the Scanner Tab, or in case you have several system's you can do it straight in the adress book (by default machine uses port 139...

Say your computer's ip is 192.168.1.10 and you created a folder in the root of the C drive called Scanner...
    I could create a contact i'll name Test
    On the computer's name/IP field you type 192.168.1.10:ABC

Where ABC is 139 for windows XP and 445 for Vista/Windows 7

On the folder field you type Scanner (not C:\Scanner or \Scanner etc JUST the folder's name)
    Login details your windows username and password

That should be enough... i recommend after all is set to turn machine off and back on so that all changes become effective
    On the machine activate Send function (in the buttons at the right of Copy/Send etc top left button is the adress book, click it and it should display your newly created destination (each destination can have multiple outputs... email/SMB/FTP just select SMB... it will ask to confirm destination (should display your comp's IP/name) then click Go

If all goes well your doc should be waiting for you in the computer... and you can proceed to activate your firewall (must not forget to verify the exceptions and make sure files/folders sharing is activated)

(after that you can change the advanced options to your licking, like group several pages in a single multisheet PDF, default resolution, color or B&W etc etc)

If you still get any error post back please.

radu1905

Further scanning problems

Hello,

Thank you very much for your kind support. Unfortunatelly I haven't succeeded to scan with the machine by following the steps you have provided.

I have captured the screen to show you what I have done. Please see the attachment.

I have tried this time with 445 instead of 139 as a port number and it is still the same.

Unfortunatelly Kyocera support doesn't offer any advice on these matters.

Thank you very much in advance for any further help.

Best Regards,
    Radu

First prep the computer...
    Create the folder (it should be in the root of the harddrive ex: C:\Scanner)... share it it MUST have full permissions of access
    To toss out possible problems goto control panel and disable the windows firewall, if you have an antivirus with firewall disable it too

On the machine sign in (yeah its admin admin, i was thinking on the model before yours sorry)
    Goto the adress book... create a contact and start filling required fields
    Name, file destination (your computer's name or IP adress...), name of destinations folder, login details...
    NOTE:diferent versions of windows, have different SMB protocols, you either configure SMB port under the Scanner Tab, or in case you have several system's you can do it straight in the adress book (by default machine uses port 139...

Say your computer's ip is 192.168.1.10 and you created a folder in the root of the C drive called Scanner...
    I could create a contact i'll name Test
    On the computer's name/IP field you type 192.168.1.10:ABC

Where ABC is 139 for windows XP and 445 for Vista/Windows 7

On the folder field you type Scanner (not C:\Scanner or \Scanner etc JUST the folder's name)
    Login details your windows username and password

That should be enough... i recommend after all is set to turn machine off and back on so that all changes become effective
    On the machine activate Send function (in the buttons at the right of Copy/Send etc top left button is the adress book, click it and it should display your newly created destination (each destination can have multiple outputs... email/SMB/FTP just select SMB... it will ask to confirm destination (should display your comp's IP/name) then click Go

If all goes well your doc should be waiting for you in the computer... and you can proceed to activate your firewall (must not forget to verify the exceptions and make sure files/folders sharing is activated)

(after that you can change the advanced options to your licking, like group several pages in a single multisheet PDF, default resolution, color or B&W etc etc)

If you still get any error post back please.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Super Tech 500+ Posts CompyTech's Avatar
    Do you get any errors? If you can see the shared folder on the network from another PC and access it, then you should be able to scan to folder ok. If not then there is a configuration problem somewhere.