Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts aabarnes1's Avatar

KM 6030 jam codes 65 & 66- constantly

Have checked all motors and switches in sim 31- replaced dupcsw 1 as a result, now getting a near constant jam 65 or the odd 66. Put dup in other machine and error followed.
    This is an ongoing fault and it's wrecking my head- assistance greatly appreciated-thanx
    Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM 6030 jam codes 65  & 66- constantly

That's an unusual jam code. I see lots of J10, J11, J12, J60, J61, J62, J63, J81, J82.

I can't recall a single instance of J65 or J66. Perchance, while you were fiddling with the duplex feed switch (the one reflective sensor), did you leave the bottom of the union connector un-done? I just experienced this today.

Were you able to find all the duplex sensors in simulation U031? It took me a while. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar
    Underneath the switchback cover ther is a plastic roller for the switchback roller. Remove the plastic roller, clean and lube the shaft and the area on the roller the shaft fits in. I have had a lot of success clearing duplex jams by cleaning these areas.

Yes clean the idler roller shaft if it is not spining freely and also replace the roller under it, the diameter gets smaller in time.

i am aware of the switchback assembly causing jams around 1million+ copies and have swapped it. i basically stripped the duplex down and cleaned/lubricated all bushings/shafts etc.Still having the jams. As i mentioned the most jams are jam 65, the 1st conveying switch. This has been swapped out. All sensors, in accordance with sm diagrams have responded in sim31, as have all motors in sim 30. I'm really baffled with this one

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    That's an unusual jam code. I see lots of J10, J11, J12, J60, J61, J62, J63, J81, J82.

I can't recall a single instance of J65 or J66. Perchance, while you were fiddling with the duplex feed switch (the one reflective sensor), did you leave the bottom of the union connector un-done? I just experienced this today.

Were you able to find all the duplex sensors in simulation U031? It took me a while. =^..^=
    I'm not sure what you mean when you say 'union connector'. And yes, I can find all sensors in sim31, they all respond correctly. It's a strange one!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

A union connector fits in the frame or just inline with male pins, with female connectors on each side. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

qbert64
    I've had a couple 6030's with bushings in the duplex unit that the grease turned into tar and slowed down the drive and caused constant jamming. There is one in the finisher to keep an eye on also which causes finisher jams/service code.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar
    Ya check the switchback roller, when it turns conical (even by a small difference) will give you the 66 and 65, only other thing I can think of, check your guides just past the switchback roller, if they are just a bit off, will cause the paper to slightly skew and cause the jam (I cheated the door and took the ADU cover off and watched the copies with my trusty flashlight until I saw the cause, once I adjusted the guides the client stopped calling (of course, now that I am thalking/thinking about them, they're prolly going to call within the next couple of days. (Hope to replace with a 5550 (or higher) (though I'm not a big fan of them, not tech friendly for my taste)

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

as "Ignacio" suggested change the Duplex Roller it causes 90% of all 60's codes. It actually wears out by a 0.1mm per 100k..mines were going arround 700k and I would not bother to clean them. Even the shaft for the duplex switchback nylon pulley gets sometimes hammered and it needs change or buff on lathe. I change Duplex roller and give real good clean to the Switch back pulley shaft and make sure the pulley ain't worn out. Also check the casing for the pulley, that has sometimes scruffy edges arround the hole befor its bent by CNC machine.
    Yeah and good quality high viscosity lube on the pulley shaft.
    Happy 700k.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by habik; 06-29-2011 at 02:51 PM. Reason: image