Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: paper trays

Senior Tech 250+ Posts luis8832's Avatar

paper trays

How can i set up when tray 1 finishes it goes to tray 2 to finish copy job. It is a cs-300I.
    Thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    paper trays

Send the following PreScribe command: !R! FRPO R1,99;EXIT;
    It works on any Kyocera/Copystar. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

thank you for the response but one more question what do i use for this. I am not too familiar with prescribe. Is there a software i need? Thanks

paper trays

Please forgive me for cut/pasting an answer I've previously posted. My little fingers get worn down with all this typing:

Re: prescribe commands to reset command center

First, write the command in either TextPad, WordPad, or NotePad application. All PreScribe Commands start with !R!, and end with EXIT;
    It's important that the syntax of the command is exactly correct. You cannot substitute small letters for capital letters or vice versa. Do not add or remove spaces. It doesn't matter what you name the file, but the name should be intuitive (like: command_center_reset.txt), and save the file with a .prn or .txt file extension in the same folder that you will be installing the LPR jar utility.

Second, download LPR Jar utility. It's a java based utility and can be found at GCC File Send Utility
    There are many ways to send your command. You can also use the "Printable Data" function on the webpage for those machines that have it (this won't help you in your situation) or KM Net Viewer's "Printable Data" function. Both of these methods have a command line that you can type on directly, or you can browse to a file with the command written inside. Personally I prefer LPR Jar, because it does not time out on longer strings of commands, and can be run from a USB stick plugged into a customers workstation (this is by far the easiest setup). Occasionally a corporate customer may have java commands blocked. In this case you can connect your laptop to the MFP directly with a crossover cable and then send your commands. Kyocera's IC Link utility does not work reliably on Wisecore based machines (like Falcon III, Falcon IV, Stratos, & Saturn), so I don't bother with it any more. It can also be done in the command line, but the command string is long and complicated and easy to screw up.

Open LPR Jar. The utility will pick up the PCs host name (if it doesn't , that doesn't matter). Press Choose to browse to the command file. Enter the IP address of the printer on the appropriate line, then press Send.

At the printer you'll notice the memory light blinking while the command is being executed. Longer strings of commands can take a long time to send. Don't panic. LPR Jar is Java based and will not time out regardless of how long it takes to transmit the command.

Anything that can be done on the panel, or in the webpage can be done via PreScribe commands. I have a file set up to program job account codes, which only requires some quick editing. The commands are mostly universal across the whole line of Kyocera products, so you can save command files for various situations (even when the command center is locked out). Have fun! =^..^=

thanks for the reponse. i will be going there 2moro so i will get the software and try it out. Thanx for the quick response, i will update the thread when i get out of work. And again thanx for your help.

paper trays

Did I mention that most Kyocera products come defaulted to:
    Copying: Auto Tray Switching
    Printing: No Auto Tray Switching.
    They are entirely separate functions.

Especially on new installations with three or more trays, I'll usually make this change at setup.

=^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Please forgive me for cut/pasting an answer I've previously posted. My little fingers get worn down with all this typing:

Re: prescribe commands to reset command center

First, write the command in either TextPad, WordPad, or NotePad application. All PreScribe Commands start with !R!, and end with EXIT;
    It's important that the syntax of the command is exactly correct. You cannot substitute small letters for capital letters or vice versa. Do not add or remove spaces. It doesn't matter what you name the file, but the name should be intuitive (like: command_center_reset.txt), and save the file with a .prn or .txt file extension in the same folder that you will be installing the LPR jar utility.

Second, download LPR Jar utility. It's a java based utility and can be found at GCC File Send Utility
    There are many ways to send your command. You can also use the "Printable Data" function on the webpage for those machines that have it (this won't help you in your situation) or KM Net Viewer's "Printable Data" function. Both of these methods have a command line that you can type on directly, or you can browse to a file with the command written inside. Personally I prefer LPR Jar, because it does not time out on longer strings of commands, and can be run from a USB stick plugged into a customers workstation (this is by far the easiest setup). Occasionally a corporate customer may have java commands blocked. In this case you can connect your laptop to the MFP directly with a crossover cable and then send your commands. Kyocera's IC Link utility does not work reliably on Wisecore based machines (like Falcon III, Falcon IV, Stratos, & Saturn), so I don't bother with it any more. It can also be done in the command line, but the command string is long and complicated and easy to screw up.

Open LPR Jar. The utility will pick up the PCs host name (if it doesn't , that doesn't matter). Press Choose to browse to the command file. Enter the IP address of the printer on the appropriate line, then press Send.

At the printer you'll notice the memory light blinking while the command is being executed. Longer strings of commands can take a long time to send. Don't panic. LPR Jar is Java based and will not time out regardless of how long it takes to transmit the command.

Anything that can be done on the panel, or in the webpage can be done via PreScribe commands. I have a file set up to program job account codes, which only requires some quick editing. The commands are mostly universal across the whole line of Kyocera products, so you can save command files for various situations (even when the command center is locked out). Have fun! =^..^=
    Hey bro, not that I would would ever doubt you normally, but you're wrong about PRESCRIBE commands being case sensitive. Only the R in !R! is case sensitive as far as I know.

Still your biggest fan...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

paper trays

Is that true? Thanks for keeping me humble. =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar
    Try running something like:
    !R! stat; page; exit;
    It'll work just the same...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.