Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    PietPompies

Taskalfa 620 toner problem

I have a brand new 620 that is driving me crazy.The toner clogs and then stops feeding into the dev tank.I live in a semi-desert, so humidity is out of the question.What can i do???????????????????????

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

This Parts & Service manual can be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals | The Internet's largest selection of manuals | Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

have you tried to use a different toner? just because you live in a place that is dry does not mean it did not at one time sit in a truck or on a loading dock that did not have a lot of moisture?

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

You say you're in a desert ... could the toner have been exposed to extreme heat (90F and above), enough to partially fuse the toner in the cartridges? Two summers ago it was particularly hot in Dallas, and we received a number of DV-825 (Voyager developing units) that were very difficult to turn. I found that if I could get then started, the developer would eventually break up OK, by hand driving the agitation mechanism. A few minutes breaking loose the developer units sure beats 2 1/2 hours changing the color developer drive gear (in the main drive pack).

Another thing to look at is the spring loaded coupler on the inside of the frame. I had a new CS-8030, that the coupler was too tight on the shaft, and wouldn't return. I probably could have warranted the plastic coupler, but the salesman was anxious to get the machine delivered. Ten minutes with a small diamond grit file opened up the "D" shaped orifice so the spring return would function.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

PietPompies
    I've tried a few different toners,all with the same effect.Even though it gets really hot here in the summer,we are in the winter time at the moment,so temperatures rarely go over 80. i will check the coupler when I get to the client again. Any other suggestions will be welcomed

Senior Tech 100+ Posts KyoceraChris's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa 620 toner problem

I'm also having the same issue on a new install.. It dosent make sense
    you gunna eat yo corn bread?!?