Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Taskalfa 250ci

Re: Taskalfa 250ci

Thank you very much for the kind answers!
    Still havent gotten to the bottom of this, will go back after i receive the updated FW from Olivetti, currently waiting for it.
    I already got kyo's fw for the right machine this time!!! But decided not to use it, i dont know why but i just got a gut feeling i might end up with more problems than solutions. And will go from there... since its a brand new machine im putting aside "hardware" problems for right now, i did take a good look at it, but didnt find anything that could cause this, everything is sparkling clean and even smells like new, but if fw update doesnt work, thats the next step.
    Thank you everyone once again!
    Hanabi... hmmm japanese for fireworks, yup definitly putting up a good show... not lol

Senior Tech 100+ Posts ignacio.cortez's Avatar

Yup that's a 305c type, when you say "Auto Calibrate" do you mean Registration wise or Color Calibration? if it is Registration, make sure the Page is loaded 11X8.5 instead of 8.5X11, that makes a big difference. (Either in the Bypass or Tray)

certified scrub 500+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

+1 on 11x8.5.

Saturn series has Color Registration (detail) option, is it available in the Hanabi?

I was at a job yesterday with 2 dimensional drift on CMYK, had to use the "detail" option many times to see the difference.

edit: u464 is setup so that calibration is performed after certain # of pages have been printed, or the print ratio has exceeded to maintain accuracy. Its settings are for mass market, other than the ones suggested on the forum, no other calibration is needed.

Is this a 2 dimensional drift (x,y) or just color drifting in one dimension (x,0)? If its only one, and 50 color reg doesnt cure it, maybe check the transfer belt?
    Last edited by jmaister; 07-22-2011 at 05:59 AM. Reason: statement correction

Hello again everyone!

Havent updated this thread in a wile because i have been watching the machine closely the last days to see its behaviour. Firmware upgrade (so far) seems to have completly solved my problem!
    Did a full firmware upgrade and ran all calibrations...

@ Jmaister and Ignacio
    Yup this machine can print the normal and detailed color registration chart.
    And by the looks i would dare to say maybe this machine inherits some of Saturns flaws too...
    We dont use those measures of paper... machine is using A4 and A3 papers.
    If i did the calibration using the chart it would print flawlessly from there on... turn machine off... then on... it would perform auto calibration, and all colors would be drifted about 4 to 5 milimeters it was mostly (x,0) drift, but a constant drift, if i made 50 copies... all would come out exactly the same, wich led me to a regist fault instead of a faulty belt... besides its a brand new machine... right now has only about 1600 prints/copies done.

After hanging on the phone for a wile and listen to the usual "omg we never had any problem like that, never heard such a thing"... and asking for all available FW's and service bulletins regarding this machine, went thru them, and among them was a reference to my problem! also (false) jams... false fuser errors, too frequent drum refresh... etc.
    Quoting the bulletin:

"Descrizione / Description
    This document describes the operation needed when a shift of the “Color Registration” or the Error Code C7620 occur.
    A. Malfunction Description
    The “Primary Transfer Belt” might slip or sag around the “ID Sensor” when executing the Calibration depending on the Operation Environment (High Humidity).
    When this issue occurs, the “ID Sensor Value” is detected as abnormal, and, as consequence, causes the shift of the “Color Registration” or the Error Code “C7620 – ID Sensor Timing Error” (Color Calibration Correction was Failed)."

Machine is in an enviroment that we can consider very humid (specially in the early morning) when the machine was turned on, during the auto calibration, the humidity would cause the belt to aparently slightly drift causing my shift...

Solution to this passes by updating the machine, specifically the "engine fw" to version 2SK0.1000.005.001
    I did a full upgrade since there were many fixes within the 2 newer fw's.
    Will keep a very close on it for a wile to see its behaviour and update thread if needed (hope not hahahaha), tho so far, after fw upgrade machine is performing great!

Thanks to everyone once again for the comments and inputs on this matter!

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Taskalfa 250ci

Congratulations. The hotline guys do have all kinds of resources available, even if they won't use them to help you. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

hi, I've got a strange one too. I've got a FS-C8520 with a very light magenta, mainly on the rear side of the machine, I am in the process of ordering a new magenta dev unit. I've now had a closer look at the maint. report and noticed a whole lot of C7620 errors!!! the colour registration is not shifting at ALL, its just on the one side of the printouts that the magenta is far too light.
    can it be one of the ID sensors 1 or 2... (which one???) or the image transfer belt, or is it the magenta dev unit???