Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

TA400ci lost form overlay option

Customer stopped me in the hall today to ask what happened to the form overlay on this machine. Updated firmware a couple of weeks ago and can only surmise the new firmware removed the option. Has anyone seen anything on this. Medical offices really like this feature for insurance cards. Much friendlier than using the combine function.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Re: TA400ci lost form overlay option

Did you look at the machine personally? Did the option disappear, or maybe it was just their saved images that got cleared? Don't have any customers using this, so I haven't looked for the option after any recent upgrades.

There haven't been any revisions to the Op. Guide, and I can't imagine they would just take away a feature, without a reason, or suitable replacement. Maybe you need to load the firmware again. Can't imagine if it got botched that you would just lose a single feature, but maybe something else went haywire with it.

Technician

Re: TA400ci lost form overlay option

I looked at the machine. Form overlay just disappeared. When this model came out it did not have form overlay. It was added with firmware level 7. I checked a new machine with current firmware and form overlay was there. I guess i will try loading firmware again and see what happens.