Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    Open all boxes of toner, before they are shipped out, and throw away the grid cleaners, put a spare waste bottle in the box.

Show the customer how to clean the charge wire and slit glass.

Now the customer won't call you for a long, long time, if ever.

Proven sucessful.

Technician

Thumbs up great product

I agree this machines are great. if you have a lot of problems with off the bad, make sure you test the machine before it goes out and if the machine is fine and has issues after a service call question your tech. I've service this machines for sometime now and its a good product.

Whenever you install the mk kits make sure there isnt excessive paper dust inside the drum area. charge can ionize the paper dust and conduct straight thru the drum. Technicaly the drum and charge work like 2 plates of a capacitor. the potential is what charges the drum. If there is ecessive matter (paperdust/trash) its possible to short out conduct thru.
    I want to choke the axxhole who designed this!!!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    KM2530/3530/3035etc...chgr arc

We have also gone to having customer call us when time to replace toner.
    After drum arcing problems due to their not being comfortable with the cleaning, we just take a few minutes and do it. Good PR anyway.
    Hey thanks for the tip on blowing them off instead of the cleaning pads with alcohol.

Also we have found the customers don't make certain the charge is anchored (locked) back in and then we get calls for light copies or other copy issues.

Copydoc Ric

Intake Filters

Be sure the intake filters are clean. They are located on the right side of the machine. If these are not they can cause toner to build up on either end of the primary grid.
    Doc Ric

Technician
    What takes the charge out most commonly is the toner build up. This build up gets quite excessive and then rubs against the grid of the carona. We all regularly remove the drum from the copier and and clean the build up from the felts at each end of the drum here at my company. It cleans off with alcohol quite easily, but you will need to clean the whole of the drum after. Just look at the silver surface of the drum and you will see the build up at each end.

ITCHYFINGER
    After Cleaning The Corona, You Should Let It Dry For At Least 5 Minutes Befor Starting The Unit Back Up. This Was In A Bullentin. There Is 1 Other Cause I Have Seen With This Problem. It Is The Seals On The Drum And /or Dev Unit Leaking. Thus Scattering A Lot Of Toner On The Corona. I've Work On These Since They Came Out. These Are The Only Problems I Have Seen With The Charger And We Have The Customer Clean It With The Kit That Comes In The Toner,

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    KM2530/3530/3035etc...chgr arc

Rigger to answer your original question, the Falcon engine is one of the best I have seen in almost 30 years of screwing around with black stuff, be it liquid or powder. I am amazed at how well the things work especially the Falcon 2 series boxes.

I think everyone has had problems with the fine little cleaner that is supplied with the toner. A few weeks back we had a 4035 come up with the laser code and after replacing pretty much everything in the machine they stumbled across the shorting corona which was causing the code. Like all machines they do have a few idiosyncrasy's but hands down one of the best if not the best engine ever to come out.

aknathen

Smile kyocera arcing

Quote Originally Posted by Rigger View Post
    I have recently started selling three year old, off lease, Kyocera Mita, (2530. 3530, 3035, 4030 etc...) copiers. I have seen arcing ruin several drums and one time blow a main board. Are these bad copiers? Should I sell a different brand? The local dealer says these are great copiers.
    What!!!!!
    Rigger
    What part of North America are you in? What is the altitude in your area that you are selling?
    Have been in the biz 20+ years Wrkd Kyocera, since 2000 full trained. The box you talking about has always been fairly strong and not a great deal of trouble. however the MC can be touchy. The Grid is usually responsible for arcing. hairpray on the blocks can stop block arcing though you should for the long run replace MC. Usually a clean MC and channel will stop arcing.
    Aknathen