Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

KM2530/3530/3035etc...chgr arc

I have recently started selling three year old, off lease, Kyocera Mita, (2530. 3530, 3035, 4030 etc...) copiers. I have seen arcing ruin several drums and one time blow a main board. Are these bad copiers? Should I sell a different brand? The local dealer says these are great copiers.
    What!!!!!
    Rigger

Service Manager 100+ Posts dbrownlee's Avatar
    We've got a few out, all under contract, and we go put the toners in for them, just so they see us once in a while. Very few troubles. Make sure that the grid and charge are dry after cleaning, I've read that people have trouble when they are used too soon after cleaning with the alcohol "wiper".

They are very good machines. Replace the charge wire about every 40K and it will run well.

Great machines! do not use the cleaning kit that comes with the 4035. Clean the charge with a blower not the stuff they give you other wise you will get arcs.

These are great machines as long as you stay away from non-OEM toner...

If you can, you might want to replace the main coronas before you send them out or at the next call. The corona isn't that expensive but it can cause all manner of problems and Mita just announced that the PM kits have a 3 year warranty life.

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dwparker.wa View Post
    Mita just announced that the PM kits have a 3 year warranty life.
    They have always had a 3 year or 400k-500k warranty. That is only good and valid if you renewed the warranty by replacing the maint kit @ 3 years or max copies WHICH EVER COMES FIRST. You can have a machine with 200k and void the extended warranty because you did not replace the kit within 3 years and 1 month after the original install date. No warranty is given (other than 30 days from purchase) on a maintenance kit being used to refurb a machine to resell..... Don't kill the messenger, check it out with your rep.....

All Falcon I machines are out of warranty unless you replaced the kit when you were supposed to.... again 3 years or max copies on PM cycle, which ever comes first.
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    i've found them to be very reliable machines..especially the 30,40,and 5035 series..just keep up with p/m's,keep em' clean, and instruct customer properly of the charge cleaning procedure due when they replace toner..(and if they forget,the instructions are in the box with the toner,grid cleaner,and two waste toner bottles.)never really have a problem as long as they let the charge unit dry completely before reinstalling...

Thanks for all the responses. I feel much better about selling them.
    Rigger

the cleaning kits

the cleaning kits are fine....what kills the units is when customers don't use the kits when replacing their toner...