Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Km 9530

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Km 9530

I have a km 9530 in a water dept. Once a month they run a 6000 page job which is their water bills. It is on a pre-printed form, the paper seems to have excess moisture because steam comes out of the top vent of the machine and water droplets build up on fuser guides, I have seen this before and I am not sure I can actually say the paper is the problem. Around 2000 pages into the job, the machine goes into a C 2000 code (drive motor) I have replaced the fuser assy, dev,drum, latest firmware made sure door switches are activated correctly,toner cartridge turns freely.Machine only has 130k .Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Km 9530

Re: Km 9530

I've not see C2000 codes, and I've got Falcon III's with 1.5M prints.

Is this heavy paper? Are you using the appropriate media settings?
    Pre-perforated? Non-standard sized? Is the non-standard paper set up as a Custom Paper Size?

Just from the mechanical aspects, the fuser is your greatest drag, but you've already replaced it. I guess I would take off the back and manually turn the drive. If it's difficult to turn, then you can start removing drive items to isolate it. I've never seen a bad main drive motor, but it's certainly not impossible. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Km 9530

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    I've not see C2000 codes, and I've got Falcon III's with 1.5M prints.

Is this heavy paper? Are you using the appropriate media settings?
    Pre-perforated? Non-standard sized? Is the non-standard paper set up as a Custom Paper Size?

Just from the mechanical aspects, the fuser is your greatest drag, but you've already replaced it. I guess I would take off the back and manually turn the drive. If it's difficult to turn, then you can start removing drive items to isolate it. I've never seen a bad main drive motor, but it's certainly not impossible. =^..^=

I had it only few times and all I can say is that FW and U906 was usually the solution...BUT as Blackcat says settings can do a lot.

Just few hrs ago I was working on 3050 and used fairly damp paper and it was causing mainly jamming not c2000.... once it went through fuser it went through machine several times no jam no c code

I think it may be overheating check all air filters~:

Main intake in bypass x2
    Duplex slide filter
    Rear on hinge

I am very interested what this going to be!

Km 9530

Lightbulb Re: Km 9530

Can you post the Event Log and the Service Log ~/?

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    Km 9530

Lightbulb Re: Km 9530

This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The paper is 20lb pre printed. I also have Falcon series machines with several million prints, the 2000 codes i have seen besides the obvious component lockup have stemmed from a door magnet coming off or finisher possibly not attaching correctly and pulling open conveying door switch. The components turn freely in this machine and the code is intermittent, I have tried to isolate a bind but so far have come up empty. I have talked to our rep about this issue, he suggests installing a 9500 drive motor which he says has a greater torque tolerance before throwing a c code. If the problem then persists I will take another 9530 and run the same job the next month and check the results. As far as overheating this machine is only 4 months old. I dont think the vents are clogged up yet and I havent had any c codes relating to fuser. As far a the event logs go they show my 2000 codes and a few misc. jams that are not related to this job.Thanks

Km 9530

Red face Re: Km 9530

Quote Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
    The paper is 20lb pre printed. I also have Falcon series machines with several million prints, the 2000 codes i have seen besides the obvious component lockup have stemmed from a door magnet coming off or finisher possibly not attaching correctly and pulling open conveying door switch. The components turn freely in this machine and the code is intermittent, I have tried to isolate a bind but so far have come up empty. I have talked to our rep about this issue, he suggests installing a 9500 drive motor which he says has a greater torque tolerance before throwing a c code. If the problem then persists I will take another 9530 and run the same job the next month and check the results. As far as overheating this machine is only 4 months old. I dont think the vents are clogged up yet and I havent had any c codes relating to fuser. As far a the event logs go they show my 2000 codes and a few misc. jams that are not related to this job.Thanks

Could you please send the logs to me via email or PM? just want to see...the other bits than C2000...i am looking for the a,b,c,d,e parameters and if you can could you add the possible full maintenance report. scan it as pdf if you can cheers..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Motor from 5035 took care of problem, don't know if it really can withstand more torque or if original motor has problem. At this point all I care about is the problem is off my back.Thank you to respondents.