Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Prescribe

Senior Tech 250+ Posts luis8832's Avatar

Prescribe

Was wondering if anyone out there knows Prescribe for the kyocera units. Maybe shed some light on a situation i have. I have a customer with a fs-9130 which is using prescribe for their invoices. Can that prescribe configuration be transfered to another kyocera unit like a CS-300i?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts HenryT2's Avatar

Re: Prescribe

Their data is possibly stored on a Compact Flash Card installed in the 9130......and you may be able to just transfer the card.
    I'm sure that some of the other techs who are more familiar with this type of printing will let you know what and/or how you can transfer the data. Good luck
    "The Serenity Prayer" . . .
    God grant me the serenity to accept stupid people , the courage to not waste my time and energy on them , and the wisdom to know that I cannot fix STUPID .

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

I'm not terribly familiar with Prescribe either, but it depends on how it's being used. Variable data forms probably would be stored on a CF card. I know there are commands that you can load through the driver, as well. If you go to the Advanced tab in the 9130 driver, you will see a button for "Prologue/Epilogue". If there are any files listed in that window, I am guessing you will want to point the new driver to the same files. You can also use Prescribe to alter FRPO commands, but understanding what has been changed there can be somewhat trickier. Some of the FRPO values will be displayed on the service status page, but not all. If there are other ways to utilize Prescribe, I'm not familiar with them. (not that I'm all too familiar with what I just described to you)

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Prescribe

I can address a few of your points.

The PreScribe form is written for the specific model printer it's going to. The Falcon III series may be similar enough to the Saturn (both being Wisecore technology) to run the same commands.

You'll need to copy the commands on the logical port of the first machine, to the second machine to call the program. You can access the logical port commands from Command Center. Then insert the compact flash, and see if it works.

Sorry that's the extent of my knowledge on forms. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=