Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: TA 5500i j6310

TA 5500i j6310

Getting an unusually high amount of this jam code. I haven't gotten it to happen myself but the teachers who use this machine says it happens when they make around 50 copies of a packet they are wanting to staple. Has anyone else come across this issue?
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Re: TA 5500i j6310

Could be paper curl. I had a lot of problems with that on the later Falcon finishers. Customer using crappy paper, and leave it sit out for a week or two before using it. Then when it's duplexed and finished, I have seen the paper curl up completely as it is coming out of that finisher intermediate tray.

How many jams has the machine recorded there? Try running a bunch of duplex packets to the main finisher tray, and cheat the front cover switch so you can watch the paper as it leaves the intermediate tray. That might give you a better idea of what is happening.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    TA 5500i j6310

Quote Originally Posted by Metalvoc View Post
    Could be paper curl. I had a lot of problems with that on the later Falcon finishers ...
    The DF-710 just doesn't like curly paper in the saddle stitcher. The paper can curl up or skew right in the top of the saddle stitcher, and you don't get a jam until it tries to eject the whole tangled mass. I've been systematically defaulting the DF-710s to tray B, rather than tray A.

But back to the DF-790: I've got two out in the world and they're working flawlessly, knock on wood. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I lowered the fusert temp by a few degrees to lessen paper curl. I mean it is a public school so we know for a fact they do not use good quality paper. Gonna give it about a week with the lower temp and then check to see if it has improved.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

It's not that schools necessarily use crappy paper. However, every school I've been in has one of those shelves in the copy room with a hundred different colors of paper stacked up, opened. Eventually, someone decides to put that crap in the copier.

But I digress. I don't know that I would necessarily mess with the fuser temp to adjust your curl. Don't these new finishers have decurlers in them? I haven't had to worry about curl on any of them yet, so I can honestly say I don't know. If there is a curl adjustment in these finishers, I would adjust that, rather than possibly creating new problems with the fuser. Its a school, so again you can bet that sooner or later a teacher is going to walk in there with a piece of cardboard, run it through, and wonder why, "the ink doesn't dry"

Technician

there is a technical bulletin out for this jam issue, you have to adjust a plate in the back of the finisher that holds a sensor, if you go to kyocera's website you should see it