Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

KM1650 copies sideways

I had a customer say that putting the original in 11x8 1/2 it would copy onto 11x8 1/2 paper in the 8 1/2x11 direction. It wouldn't do it for me of course. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Re: KM1650 copies sideways

I have heard this one so many times. The only time it can actually happen if the customer is truly placing the original correctly, and the original is indeed 11x8.5 is if you've got a bad original detect sensor. (or if the original size detection needs to be adjusted) You would have had the same problem though, when you tried.

Most often, what I find is that auto paper select is turned off, and they are placing the original in the opposite orientation. Another common issue is when auto rotate is on, and the documents isn't exactly 11x8.5, the machine can sometimes rotate the paper in an undesired way. Best thing you can do is to ask the customer to make a copy themselves, with something they have had trouble with. I usually catch these things when I watch the customer do it themselves. Then you can see what they are doing wrong (or what they are doing that requires a different setting)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts gwaddle's Avatar

Re: KM1650 copies sideways

Thanks. I did have the customer show me what they were doing and she couldn't repeat it either. One thing I didn't do was clean the original sensors, I'm thinking if one was dirty it could be intermittent. Thanks again for the reply.