Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

kyocera 4035 management codes

Customer uses user codes (management) to keep track of copies/scans etc. The technician removed the HDD (the back one) and put it back in and now i've got no codes, is there anyway to retreive the codes?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Re: kyocera 4035 management codes

If the codes are not appearing, then probably not. Is this the same HDD? If so, and your management codes are not showing up, then I'm guessing the other tech probably formatted the drive, as well. If you turn on the management mode, and there are no codes there, I think they are gone. Maybe someone else will have better news for you, but that is my understanding.

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

Yes, Metalvoc, you are right. If the drive has been removed and formatted or placed in an other machine for testing, then your managment codes are gone. Did the tech not do a backup of the drive before he removed it from your machine? He should have in order to avoid issues like this. Have the Tech return to redo the programming for you.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    kyocera 4035 management codes

Quote Originally Posted by Metalvoc View Post
    If the codes are not appearing, then probably not. Is this the same HDD? If so, and your management codes are not showing up, then I'm guessing the other tech probably formatted the drive, as well. If you turn on the management mode, and there are no codes there, I think they are gone. Maybe someone else will have better news for you, but that is my understanding.
    In defense of your tech, if there was a hard drive failure, there would be no way to back up your job accounting IDs. The information is just lost. If a backup had been made on a previous occasion, that backup could be imported. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

PHD in Sh!t Disturbing 250+ Posts Shadow's Avatar

if the initial service call indicated a HDD issue, then yes there is no way to do a backup. however the 1st post indicated that the drive was removed and then reinstalled, I do believe that there is more information from the user that is not yet present. There is software for the end user so that they can make the backups of their machine hard drives. an ounce of prevention is well worth the 5 pounds of cures.
    $hit Happens - Deal with it and move on.........................................................................Lock & Load