Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Question Paper Creasing & Toner C empty.

Hi again, we have another curious symptom that may help with this diagnosis.

If we print a full A4 colour page the paper never creases.

It only seems to crease when printing text which is processed through the printer much faster.

Does this give any further hints towards isolating the problem?

We are planning to strip the unit down again soon and remove the fuser unit so we can inspect and lubricate the bearings and bushes. We will also clean the orange rollers (any suggestion as what to clean with?).

But our next problem is that Toner C (Cyan) is now completely empty. We really don't want to invest in another toner until we know if the printer is servicable.

Is there any way to trick the printer into printing with one empty colour toner for further testing?

Also does anyone know a cheap source for a replacement toner? Or perhaps a bulk refill toner supplier for this model?
    .-.-.

You need to buy a toner. I suggest buying a genuine Kyocera toner as you may give yourself bigger problems. You need to research best prices on the net.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    the 5016 is total crap. i would not spend any time or money on it, if will fail soon again. get the never series, 5020-5025-5030 or the all new 5100-5200-5300.

Talking Another FS-c5016N on the way.

HUmm. Why is the FS-c5016N crap? Whats crap about them?

And too late. WE just bought another 5016.

Should arrive in about a week.

This one has a brand new boxed Duplexer, 3x spare brand new toners.

Has only done 22000 prints.

We will keep the first unit for spare parts if we can't solve the paper creasing problem.

Fingers crossed on this second unit.
    .-.-.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    unstable developers, calibration sucks-colour starts to float all over, picky on paper quality and thickness-fuser gets f.u. remember thay kyo offered a a and b-kit supposed to fix most problems (new belt and colour devs, etc), but at no great success. sorry, they are crap. only good thing about them is that they got replaced quickly. latest firmware and good quality paper is a must. running colour calibration and registration often are to be expected

Question

Oh OK. Thanks for the heads up.

Shame it's a bit late though but that's life.

Oh well we have two now to play with and with spare toners.

(Just waiting on delivery of the second one).

At a total cost of possibly around $500 ish.

If we can get this last one running ok and get a good run out of it with light printing work (Very small radio group, newsletters and so on).

We'll be happy.

Otherwise I guess we part it out and try and recoup our money.

We currently have 5x brand new toners (TK-500_) and a brand new boxed Duplexer (DU-300) so I guess there is some value there alone?

Will the toners and duplexer fit the later better model's you speak of?

If so, perhaps we have an upgrade path there as well?

.-.-.

Returning to the original question:

The LED may well be defective, but I would check the three cable connectors on the LED before finding a new one. A crooked connector or bent/broken pins will cause these sorts of problems.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    sorry for being so negative, but we had nothing but trouble with those. (and they were expensieve too)

du-300 only fits 5016 and 5020, toner only 5016.

Question Toner lock leaver b4 transit??

Hi,

No that's OK. Honesty is important.

Hopefully we will do ok out of them though having two units.

I've had to clean the led array on the first one and although a reasonably big job for me it was worth while the print quality was very nice after wards.

We won't be printing a lot on these machines so it will be very light duty.

Maybe 500 sheets a month tops. Probably less.

Our first unit was a FS-1800N and we were so happy with it we wanted another Kyocera laser but this time in colour.

The unit on the way up now only has a low page count (22000) and was purchased in 2005 so would have been the last of them, hopefully it has all the U-bewt mod's.

See how we go.

I was going to ask also when shipping it, is there any benefit in moving the green toner lock leavers to the unlocked position? Will this close the little door underneath and better limit toner loss in transit?

~Ken
    .-.-.

No it won't. Do not do that, you will spill even more toner!

I used to work with Kyocera machines, ten years, so to be frank, I know what I am talking about :-)

The C5016 has a tendency to lose carrier, it was solved by a combination of revised developer units and engine firmware.

Print a status page and look for the engine firmware version. It'll be hiding in a string og numbers and slashes. Should read A024 or higher.

The revised developer units have a black filt strip glued onto one side, if you have the old type, the new firmware is crucial. You can easily upload this engine firmware via the parallel port yourself - I can help you if needed