Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up FS-C5016N firmware, & FS-1800N IB-22/23 Net Card

OK. Thanks. Yes this is all very interesting stuff.

If you can send me the updated firmware for the FS-C5016N I'd love to have it thanks.

We run the printers on the network here (no USB / Parallel port attached), and I have flashed our old FS-1800N once with no problems.

I'm also looking to get a newer network card for the fs-1800n (IB-22/23) as it hasn't liked windows workgroup networking since we moved everything from Win 98SE to W2k / Xp. Instead we have had to map ports in on every machine using Kprint.

You can see the test prints from each machine in our servers Igal directory.

http://shazam.zapto.org/igal/fs-c5016n
    http://shazam.zapto.org/igal/fs-1800

Firmware in the FS-c5016n we have currently reads A026.
    I will check the other one when we get it.

You can send any firmware etc to my email. vk4akp@yahoo.com.au

TNX,
    ~Ken
    .-.-.

Mail on the way

Check you Spam filter, if you don't get it, the dat files often trigger security systems.

Oops, had to send it again as a zip

Question Got the Flash, TNX

Got the Flash file, tnx.

Hey just a thought, these things aren't country specific are they?

.-.-.

Well, I don't recall them to be. The main firmware should be the one containing langauge packages.

Even so, the Danish language package also contains English. Look for the word "Sprog", that's the Danish word for language, in the menus if the machine idles with "Klar" instead of "Ready".

Thumbs up

I won't tell you what the Slang term `Sprog' means in English then. hehe.

.-.-.

Don't need to....I grew up in Singapore and attended an English school

Question 2nd FS-c5016n, print badly missaligned.

Hi, Back again!

Our second FS-C5016N finally arrived today.

The printouts are very badly misaligned.

We have tried the alignment menu but the print is so far out I have no idea what to set.

When we print the status page the colours are out by about 5mm from each other and no where near the black.

Any suggestions how to align it?

.-.-.

Yes. Start by removing the toner and developers. Then click off that grey plastic "rail" that hides the wire connections to the LED's on the drums. Flip the little grey plastic lock on the drums to remove them too.

Each LED is clipped/piovtted in the ends of the drum. Remove them. Check the alignemtn screws for looseness. These control the distance between drum surface and LED. The screws should be locked with a drop of glue from the factory, but if needed you can break this with a screwdriver. The screws must not be loose. There is a little spring washer that keeps them snug, but allows adjustment. Sounds like you might need to adjust.

Be patient, and don't turn the screws more than 90 degrees at a time.

Anyway, if all the screws are fixed and not wobbling around. Re-assemble everything and perform the manual alignment again. Transporting the machine probably shifted things about a bit and re-assembling should get you back on track :-)

Question Wandering, dirty print on back, swapping parts?

HI, Thanks for all the help.

I initially pulled the toner carts out and noticed the drum units not seated properly (green clips popped out).

I reseated and aligned and we got one good print. After that it went back to ghosting the colours.

So we completely stripped the inside of the unit right down past the conveyor belt and give it all a good clean.

I also removed the LED array's and cleaned them with metho and a soft cloth.

The LED alignment screws seem fine, however they have no sign of ever having locking glue on them.
    The other unit we had did have the locking glue so this is strange. I did not touch the alignment screws as I did not want to tempt fate.

It took me a good 10+ goes at printing the alignment chart and adjusting to get the prints almost perfect.

I am still wondering if the alignment is creeping ??? Is it normal to have to adjust so many times after a rebuild?

The only way to know for sure I guess is to keep using the printer and see what happens.

We are still getting the first quarter of the page on the blank side (back) dirty with what looks like a dusty and water marked imprint.

I assume there is one other section we still need to clean to solve this?? Any idea's?

Also can we remove the fuser unit at the back to try and clean the orange rollers etc and maybe lube the bearings by just removing the two screws and pulling it backwards out the rear?

If worst comes to worst can we swap drum modules and fuser units between the two machines to build a stable machine without having to calibrate anything? IE Trim pots and voltages etc.

So to sum up we now have the following.

Original unit1: Creases paper down the centre (Most likely fuser unit bearings seazing or leavers bent).
    Latest Unit2: Dirty dust like toner marks on back first quarter of leading edge of paper. Also possibly allignment still wandering.