Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Question Belt cleaning unit

Hi,

We tried swapping the belt assay and belt cleaning unit between the two machines. The dirty print fault stayed with the same machine (Printer #2).

This is so very strange. I'm sure it's starring me in the eye. I'm just not seeing it.

I did also pull both belt cleaning units apart and totally removed all the toner (they were very full in the worm drive). But this made no difference also.

I think there is an answer to this puzzle though. When the duplexor is added, the dirty print is on the front bottom of the page. With no duplexor it's on the top back of the page. So the paper travels in a different path causing the leading edge to change I guess? Maybe this doesn't help? I dunno. Another late night working on it in a sec. lol.

And the creasing of the paper with Printer #1, changing the fuser over does not change this. So can't be the fuser. More mysteries.

I do wonder about the plastic path ribs on the back of the printer and the top cover with output rollers. Is it possible it's creasing there some how?

I will try and swap these across also tonight.

Original owner of Printer #2 is now trying to say he had Magenta dev unit replaced. But the paperwork does not say this.

Oh one last interesting thing.

With Printer #1, when printing a full page gloss print, like a photo etc, it never creases. It is more likely to crease when there is just minimal text printed on the page. Very strange.

.-.-.

Yes, you can try to check all the "ribs"/guides that direct the paper. A small notch can catch the leading edge of the paper and cause it to bunch up.

Cleaning unit thing, is a mystery I guess.

The duplex unit on/off happens because the back side is printed first during duplex.

Thumbs up Printer #1, We have some progress! ;)

Well, I know where the problem lies with printer #1. (Paper creasing).

It is definately a plastic ribbing guide that is gouging the paper.

It's funny, we've been looking at all the major parts, fuser etc. And it turns out to be the simplest things.

OK, I'm not sure what's causing it yet or how to solve it but it's the back ribbing path of the printer. The paper is gouged out (raised) on the print side.
    And it lines up with the ribbing in the back of the printer.

After the paper leaves the fuser there is a roller train on the fuser that helps it up, where it meets a second roller train in the middle of the back, then finally to the top of the lid where the last roller train pulls it through.

All of these trains seem to be run from the same gearing system.

My guess is that two sets are fighting each other and pulling the paper too tight and tight against the ribbing.

The questions is which ones where and why??

My guess is the rollers in the lid. Because the crease starts after the first inch or so and finishes 2/3 down the page which would be after the middle roller train lets go.

As a temporary measure I have swapped over the fuser unit and the back cover on the two printers.

So far no creasing paper, but this is an intermittent problem (The worst kind) so only time will tell.

The last thing to try and swap across is the lid. This doesn't look easy though as I haven't quiet worked out how it comes off. the manual is vague. Seems to me to be 4 screws that are impossible to get at.

Printer #2 still continues to dirty the pages with mainly little blue puddles. I am still at a loss yet where to look further with it.
    I can imagine though that if the transfer belt is not being cleaned properly then there would be some residue dropped through on to the plastic of the fuser and picked up on the back of the page.

More thought needed here. hopefully it will be another simple solution stareing me in the face.

.-.-.

Ribbing....I can't recall anymore if it was the 5016 or the 3800 (B/W) but I did once find that the paper was exiting the fuser and one corner was just OFF the ribbing. It rubbed on the side of the rib and created a deep scratch which in turn started to grasp the paper and cause creasing.

I added some thickness to the rib by cutting out some clear plastic (2mm thick) and gluing it on the side face of the rib.

Hope that makes a bit of sense. It's been more than two years since I last worked on a Kyocera...

Question Can FS-c5025N be used For parts?

Hi guys! Still at it.

The main FS-c5016N is printing ok for now but it does have a faint stripe (lack of megenta we think) across but offset from the center of the page.

We think this will just be a simple drum swap from the other unit when we get time.

There is also a squeak in the unit now when running. But this could be the un even surface flexing the unit. (Table is bowed a bit).

Now our next big question.

We have found a FS-c5025n with duplexor and second draw.

Are the internals compatable for parts with the FS-c5016n to any degree?

The fs-c5025n has a black stripe throught the print aparently.
    .-.-.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    aiaiai. you deserve an applaud for stamina, thats for sure.

faint stripe can be drum, dev, 'brain' or leds. unfortunately my guess is dev. run colour calibration from meny first anyways.

squeaking is prob. exit rollers/shafts as they are plastic in plastic.

partnumbers on internals in 5016 and 5025 are different, so bookwise nothing will be interchangable. seeing as they have different toner, and the fact that the 5025 actually works, i guess it's true in real life too. spend your time on the 5025, dump the 5016

Hi Guys, wow it's been so long!

Well some good news!

We now have a 3rd (Number #3) Kyocera FS-c5016N !!! Isn't life wonderful!!.

It's print is the worst of all. But we have not stripped down and cleaned it as yet.
    It also comes with a duplexor.

I will post links to pictures and info as soon as I have time to work on it.

Our other FS-c5016N continues to run OK but still with a slight faded stripe in the print.

More FS-c5016N fun to follow soon!

.-.-.

Question Re: FS-C5016n black toner hanging like spiners web from paper?

Hi Guys.

Still playing with these FS-c5016N's.

I think we have about 4 units now (3 for parts).

The one we use has developed a new problem.

When printing as specially when it has sat off for a while all the black toner doesn't stick to the paper.

The prints come out with the black hanging everywhere from the paper like spiders webs.

Any idea what this could be?

.-.-.