Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: CS3060 help

Technician 500+ Posts

CS3060 help

We have just picked up an account that has a Copystar 3060. I was told the call for maintence indication was on. The copier is not having any problems at this time. We are in the process of adding the Copystar line here. I will leave that up to the suits. I have a service manual for this machine and have spent time going thru it. Right now I just need to reset the message. Not even sure how many copies are on it. I see in the assembly/disassembly section there is a function to perform when replacing the dev. unit U157, fuser unit U167, and the drum unit U110. I question the U110. My questions:

1. What diffrent conditions will display to ask the customer to call for service? And how to reset?

2. Also, when resetting, does it affect the processes of the machine? Kind of like the machine compensating for wear on certain parts.

3. Anything else you can share on the servicing of this model, like do you use individual parts or units? Do you reset for individual parts or just units? What is your opinion of Copystar and the tech support you receive?

I know I may be asking alot. I hope to get formal training on Copystar as soon as we are set up to sale/service. I obtained the manual from the rep that is getting us set up. Ya'll are the only folks I know who really know what the real deal is.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post. I promise not to be so long next time. Thanks.

Re: CS3060 help

U250 sets the maintenance count cycle U251 checks and clears the count on this cycle. It is pretty much more just a reminder that the count has reached the limit of the expected life of the maintenance parts such as drum, dev, and fuser. It won't affect the machine but it is helpful for getting an idea of when the expected time for regular maintenance is.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Technician

Maintenace cycle is 300k, kits are $300 and include drum, fuser dev., and transfer. We do the complete kits when called for and all run fairly well.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    CS3060 help

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    1. What different conditions will display to ask the customer to call for service? And how to reset?
    Just one "Call For Maintenance". Resets in U251.

2. Also, when resetting, does it affect the processes of the machine? Kind of like the machine compensating for wear on certain parts.
    The drum charge is changed to accommodate wear. This machine is monocomponent so there is no developer density measuring, just a volume sensor for the developing unit.

3. Anything else you can share on the servicing of this model, like do you use individual parts or units? Do you reset for individual parts or just units? What is your opinion of Copystar and the tech support you receive?
    The kit is relatively inexpensive. We use the kit, at 300K intervals.

The drum often does not last 300K. In low volume or dirty environments the primary charge will begin to arc, creating rows of pinholes in the ASi drum surface. Another common problem is having the transfer roller retaining clips break and have the transfer roller drop into the paper path. I have a theory that this problem occurs in places where the customer slams the left door. There is a modified TR-670 transfer roller unit. I don't really think that the new style part makes much difference. Hint: if you're getting light copies, the transfer roller may have fallen out, then was re-installed by the customer without the rear contact spring. It usually drops down the vertical path into the lower left door.

Take care when loading firmware. Just normal precautions. Keep the power On until you get the "Completed" screen. I prefer CF card rather than the USB method.

The DF-670 has some modified separation parts which do fix any original separation problems you have. It won't enable you copy more than 30 mixed originals, or more than 75 single sized originals, but that's perfectly within specs.

These machines are pretty reliable. Few major problems. My life would be much simpler if all my machines were this reliable. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician 500+ Posts

Thank you all for responding. I will go and reset message and take my first look at this machine. Thank you, thank you, thank you.