Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks again knightfall and blackcat. I am still wondering why the Rev 4 of the parts manual doesn't have the breakdown, but that's one of those things. I checked several dev units we have been examining and the brown colored rubber piece does seem to have a slight magnetic attraction to it. I don't know if it's supposed to be slightly magnetic or it just gets that way thru the tribo charge due to monocomponent agitation. The doctor blades with the damaged mag rollers are really worn and rough surfaced when you run your finger across them.

Again, Thanks.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Two Medicine View Post
    Thanks again knightfall and blackcat. I am still wondering why the Rev 4 of the parts manual doesn't have the breakdown, but that's one of those things. I checked several dev units we have been examining and the brown colored rubber piece does seem to have a slight magnetic attraction to it. I don't know if it's supposed to be slightly magnetic or it just gets that way thru the tribo charge due to monocomponent agitation. The doctor blades with the damaged mag rollers are really worn and rough surfaced when you run your finger across them.

Again, Thanks.
    Two medicine there is no tribo electric charge which is applied if you have dual component, kyocera miita after all is a company that strives on money and there is more money if they sell you a developer unit as opposed to the metering blade which does have a slight magnetic attraction to hold any large chunks of toner better.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please.

Check the red felt pad that cleans the registration roller. (remove the drum for access). Excessive paper dust is the eventual cause of the damage to the blade on the dev unit. Also this can cause pitting of the drum surface as the charged drum arcs to ground via the paper dust. Changing the brand of paper to a higher quality improves reliability.