Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CS 3060 ????

Technician 500+ Posts

CS 3060 ????

I know I am causing the problem. I cannot get into service mode. I pressed and released the status key, entered 10871087 and nothing. I even pressed and held the status key. Nothing. Can anyone tell me the trick to this? I am at a loss. This is my first attempt at this.

Should the display change when any of the keys, three keys, to the far left are pressed? One of those is the status key.

Re: CS 3060 ????

no trick to it....hit the job status key and let it bring up that function...then press 1087 1087....that's it...nothing else to it
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unless you have a dead op panel. The display should change to a job list when hitting status, and the 10871087 should give audible beeps. (depending on audio settings) If not, might have a corrupted panel, might have to do the whole boot switch deal. There are many threads on this already, so I digress. Point being, yeah, the display should change in status.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you most likely didn't cause this, unless you killed the power during an upgrade, yanked the stick, etcetera. Common problem of failed DIMMS and Hardrives.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copiman View Post
    I know I am causing the problem. I cannot get into service mode. I pressed and released the status key, entered 10871087 and nothing. I even pressed and held the status key. Nothing. Can anyone tell me the trick to this? I am at a loss. This is my first attempt at this.

Should the display change when any of the keys, three keys, to the far left are pressed? One of those is the status key.
    yes the display should change when you hit status button, copy, send, or any of the buttons on the left side.

another way to get into service is open front door and do the 10871087

why the panel is not working is something else you will have to find out.

Technician 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Copystar Tech View Post
    Unless you have a dead op panel. The display should change to a job list when hitting status, and the 10871087 should give audible beeps. (depending on audio settings) If not, might have a corrupted panel, might have to do the whole boot switch deal. There are many threads on this already, so I digress. Point being, yeah, the display should change in status.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, you most likely didn't cause this, unless you killed the power during an upgrade, yanked the stick, etcetera. Common problem of failed DIMMS and Hardrives.
    Thanks Copystar Tech. Can you elaborate on "whole boot switch"? Not sure what or how to do as well as what it affects. Thanks again.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...loading-2.html

Here is a link to a discussion on this forum. Before I would do that, I have seen a couple of times that some of the connectors loose themselves causing this problem. (downfall of a multi-position op panel, I think) I would pull the op panel and reseat all the connectors.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/ky...t-working.html

here's another nice discussion about op panel woes.

Technician 500+ Posts

Found the problem. Turns out, the customer does alot of job cancels, which requires them to select the status key. When they select to cancel a job, they continue to press the key several time a little harder because it did not immediately stop printing. I resoldered the the switch and Walla. All is good today. They will be gentle in the future.

THANKS everyone for your help.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Didn't see that one coming, good find and thanks for sharing the solution.