Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    kyocera13

Angry 6030 at wits end

i have a km6030 that is just giving me the run around i have replaced the fuser the imagine unit the drum and the transfer assembly. and i still keep getting a kind of bolding on just one little section of the paper it runs up and down.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    6030 at wits end

Re: 6030 at wits end

a couple of things to do .remove the fuser drive motor from rear of machine and check the large gear (large metal gear )and make sure the teeth havnt got a flat spot thats pretty common.once thats been checked and is ok go to the fuser exit unit and remove it (the whole plastic unit ) check the gear on the left hand side and make sure the connecting pins (two on the gears that lock them together ).if ok put a little bit (just a drop )of triflo on the shafts and bearings .if you still have the problem replace the solonoid on the right hand side .
    hope this helps .as you can see i have had lots of the same problem.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Look in the cleaning unit for a piece of paper
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If it's what I think it is, it lines up with the drum just as the trail edge is being released from registration, independent of the size of the page. Transfer unit has always taken care of it for me, and I have seen transfer units not make it to their seven rebuild life expectancy.

In fact, I've become used to looking for this symptom as an end of like for the transfer belt unit indicator.