Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    SMTP through GMAIL account on Utax CD1250 (KM5050)

Question SMTP through GMAIL account on Utax CD1250 (KM5050)

Have set-up G-mail account to use scan to email option in external environment as client is connecting to internet over a GSM router.

Have setup the outgoing address as:

smtp.gmail.com

port 587 as 465 did not work and I know for fact that 465 works on Konica Minolta

Used username and password for gmail account as authenticated access.

and domain is mail.google.com

still getting error "Transmit/Receive Error (0x3101)"

How to cure this and will the machine actually do this?

Re: SMTP through GMAIL account on Utax CD1250 (KM5050)

Check if the machine supports SSL/TLS I have this issue with Ricohs. Check this link from Gmail's support site https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=13287 .. You can use the SMTP server, aspmx.l.google.com port 25 will work but the machine will ONLY be able to scan to gmail accounts

Quote Originally Posted by mdavin View Post
    Check if the machine supports SSL/TLS I have this issue with Ricohs. Check this link from Gmail's support site https://mail.google.com/support/bin/...y?answer=13287 .. You can use the SMTP server, aspmx.l.google.com port 25 will work but the machine will ONLY be able to scan to gmail accounts

Will give it a try thank you

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

For clarification, these devices unfortunately do not support SSL. I have had mixed success connecting to different online mail services. When in doubt, I use our company's smtp to route the emails, and set the "sender address" to the customer's gmail address, so it still looks as though the scans are being sent from there, not your office.
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up - Mark Twain

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The only machines Kyocera has that supports gmail are the newer TaskAlfas (3500i-8000i, 3550i-7550i).

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

A little off topic here, but still usefull for Gmail scanning.

All of my network sites which I manage (yes I am an IT Tech as well), I block all outbound ports except for ports 80, 8080 and 443. If they have servers installed as well, then I also open ports for DNS, NTP, VPN and Email.

In these cases, if a copier was installed and setup for scanning to Gmail, the ports you need for Gmail aren't in my exception lists and will be blocked instantly. If you are on a network that you have now idea about, then I sugest looking for a decent website that will do an internal port scan of the network to see which ports are open.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    A little off topic here, but still usefull for Gmail scanning.

All of my network sites which I manage (yes I am an IT Tech as well), I block all outbound ports except for ports 80, 8080 and 443. If they have servers installed as well, then I also open ports for DNS, NTP, VPN and Email.

In these cases, if a copier was installed and setup for scanning to Gmail, the ports you need for Gmail aren't in my exception lists and will be blocked instantly. If you are on a network that you have now idea about, then I sugest looking for a decent website that will do an internal port scan of the network to see which ports are open.
    Thanks OWL very useful information there.

They use Vodafone GSM router and I can not change anything on that thing.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts Metalvoc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheOwl View Post
    If you are on a network that you have now idea about, then I sugest looking for a decent website that will do an internal port scan of the network to see which ports are open.
    Thanks for the info. Is there a particular site you would recommend that will do a port scan?
    I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up - Mark Twain

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts

I can't really recommend any because I keep forgetting which ones I use... lol

Just Google "open port" and you should see an array of port checks.
    Please don't ask me for firmware or service manuals as refusal often offends.

Yes having the same issue (0x3101) error code. Did open port scan and changed the port setting to new port number, and it worked! This was so weird because when I did the connection test before changing it, the connection showed that it was OK. Only when I sent the report did I get the 0x3101 error.
    Thanks