Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Kyocera FS-C2126MFP Color Issues

yes the hinge breaks for nothing and there is a mod for the spring system it operates (opens the toner cap) we have this often, takes forever to replace these parts and is very niggly and if you get the timing wrong you will have to do it all again....fun times. Under warranty is more trouble than its worth, now we just send them back to Kyocera .... 6 have come back still faulty. This range reliability is s**t - we banned our sales guy from selling them......
    Hey what ya doing? - just screwing around.

melbarr

Hi Guys,

I'm having the same issues with a FS-C2626MFP the HyPAS enabled cousin of the FS-C2126MFP. The problem first surfaced when we sold the device Feb. 2012, I opened the toner cartridge which seemed unused and it was okay. The black drum got scratched, not sure how - so it was changed and the problem returned to stay...

I have changed the DV, tried a new drum, HV PWB, toner... I'm at my wit's end with this machine!!! I ordered all the repair bits in the tech bulletin they said should fix the issue. Well it does not; I cant swap anything else... all the colors except black are fine... Changing all the parts seems to have solved the issue where it reports there is no black toner but not it just doesn't print any black!

Any other suggestions guys?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Make sure all the contacts on the high voltage distribution board that angles into place and making good contact. The springs and plastic catches don't line up well. Plus because the machine doesn't have a real frame, it's very sensitive to any movement requiring you to reseat the board.

melbarr

Checked and rechecked boards, cables and connectors a few times... will do again on Monday

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by alpha-omega tech View Post
    I have a problem with a Kyocera FS-C2126MFP. The colors are washed out. Black came back the next day and we did not do anthing to it. On the Command Center it will say the black toner is at 96% and 15 minutes later the black will say it is at 6%. I have a sample in a PDF file below. Thanks you for your help.
    look very closely. I think the drum can not scroll around. it's easy to see and hear with the open left cover. The motors are buzzing over another. should be treated with a strong jet of air to the drums.
    goog luck

I have had this same issue I also changaed the dvs and it did fix the problem but I also had this issue and ran drum refresh a few times the quality improved tremendously and have not had a recall on the machine since

I know this sounds odd but it will work remove the affected dv units and shake the bleep out of them,, when you put them back in, the machine will start to add toner and copy quality will improve vastly

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

There is an update for the older versions of this machine. do a search for this machine and someone has posted it there. there are modification for the toner add and open and close gear system. check the mod bulletin and it outlines from which production year and serial numbers range that need to be updated. It is an extensive job for the first time, after it is a bit easier, but you have to pay attention to all steps or you will have to go all over again if you did not install the gear toner gear train mechanism properly.
    One way i found out to check if you need this mod is to open the top cover and halfway on opening if you feel resistance and has to jerk a little harder to fully open, then you need it, the cover should open smoothly untill it reaches the fully open position then you will hear a click. Also with the machine not adding toner properly, overtime the dev looses its ability to charge properly and becomes defective. You replace the devs, but it will come back to the same condtion in time, how long i don't know.
    So the mod should be done if you are getting this problem and the parts are cheap, about 20 dollars. You don't have to replace the waste toner part in some machines as some of them are already mod at the factory.
    I wrote this extensively on this, because its a lot of work, time and money if its not done right. see the other post about this model
    One more thing, you may want to check the rear door left side locking latch. see where the latch is attach to on the door if is not cracked and ready to break, this causes the close rear door problem even if you did the mod. that door

Other than the updates on this machine I have found that the washed out colors are from caking in the dev units. If you remove them and rotate the developer backwards a half turn then rotate forwards and re-install the machine will add toner and work again.