Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts subaro's Avatar

FS-2626 Close rear cover1

kyocera fs-2626 gives error message closer rear cover1. i removed hv pcb and can see the switch. when i press the switch the rear cover actuator, i can see that it is not depressing the switch, but just sitting on top of it. there is some mechanism that is causing the actuator not to press down on the switch. the switch itself is good as i can get continuity when check with the meter. I have started to disassemble the unit to see that actuator and how it works but service manual does not show that deep. any suggestions

Re: FS-2626 Close rear cover1

I have finished the reparis to this machine today. to get to the parts and mechanism, had to do some detective work to see where screws and tabs are. This job test your patience and nerves, but after the repair you can do it with confidence. a lot of the steps to get to the actuator is not in the service manual and you just have to figure out things.the toner lock mechanism tooth and the right cover hinge was not in sync. The top cover has to be opened fully for the toner to be inserted correctly. if not the customer trying to force the toner in will cause the toner lock gears to break the teeths on the toner lock mechanism [ see photos ]. [This one was not broken, but out of alingment, so to align the mechanism and reinstall it is a task, if never done before. you may have to do some trial and error before you see how the aparatus work].so when the mechanism is out of position the rear door actuator in this case when pushed is not pushed against the projection on the toner lock mechanism so that the actuator is not forced down as it is supposed to. The switch is not in the photos as i forgot to install it when taking the pic. Anyway, hope no one runs into this as this will set you back a day or two. Also make sure you have the right top cover hinge at hand if you are going to do this job and this is not for the field, at least for the first time.Hope this may be help to anyone who runs into this.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by subaro; 01-10-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Sounds genuinely unpleasant. So the key here is to be sure that the top half/scanner is fully open when changing toner?

Thanks for sharing. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

They've changed the rear door latch, make sure yours isn't broken. We've also got one torn apart waiting for parts. Pain in the butt to tear down that far. I've also fixed a registration sensor that was popped out of place. This isn't in the manual either, but three screws & two tabs released & you can get it off.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

thanks temaged for your reply. just intrested to know the shortcut for the three screws and tabs, as i was thinking, if ever i have to do this again i will have to find a eaiser method. point me as to the location of those three screws as it will sure save a lot,lot of time. I am referring to the right side toner support plastic with the rail and gears..

thanks

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

IMG_0326.jpg

Subaro, this is actually for the registration area where the sensor is mounted. I've had to pull two of these apart when the sensor gets popped out of place.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook

Thanks again tmaged, yeh, i had to remove that also in the teardown. just a note on that though, when reinstalling it, the spring it looks like a ground spring and when assembling the reg unit to the frame, there is a small hole for that spring to fit into to be grounded. just thought i mentioned that to anyone reinstalling as it may be easy to bypass that.
    The top cover, toner lock gears aparatus and the rear door actuator and switch, all work in tandem and if the toner is not installed correctly, and is forced in, there will be problems and big ones. The good thing about this repair is when everthing was put back together, the registration and print quality was bang on.

thanks again for the pics and all

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by subaro View Post
    Thanks again tmaged, yeh, i had to remove that also in the teardown. just a note on that though, when reinstalling it, the spring it looks like a ground spring and when assembling the reg unit to the frame, there is a small hole for that spring to fit into to be grounded. just thought i mentioned that to anyone reinstalling as it may be easy to bypass that.
    The top cover, toner lock gears aparatus and the rear door actuator and switch, all work in tandem and if the toner is not installed correctly, and is forced in, there will be problems and big ones. The good thing about this repair is when everthing was put back together, the registration and print quality was bang on.

thanks again for the pics and all
    Thanks for this post. I registered here just to see your photos. well I have got same machine, UTAX CDC 5626L which is same as Kyocera 2126.
    I have same problem, machine keeps saying close rear cover. this happened when I removed the black toner since it was out of ink. I put the toner genteelly back to the machine but still Im seeing same error.
    so should I remove the toner and adjust the gears then I install it, so that this error goes away or I have to disassemble the machine?
    any help is highly appreciated
    btw if you can send me a picture of actuator, that's a big help, in case I need to open the machine.
    regards

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by imaan View Post
    Thanks for this post. I registered here just to see your photos. well I have got same machine, UTAX CDC 5626L which is same as Kyocera 2126.
    I have same problem, machine keeps saying close rear cover. this happened when I removed the black toner since it was out of ink. I put the toner genteelly back to the machine but still Im seeing same error.
    so should I remove the toner and adjust the gears then I install it, so that this error goes away or I have to disassemble the machine?
    any help is highly appreciated
    btw if you can send me a picture of actuator, that's a big help, in case I need to open the machine.
    regards
    YAAY.. finally I managed to solve the issue. by the help of this post,
    there is a lock to secure the toners in their place. if you don't close that lock after replacing the toners, the rear cover actuator will not work properly so the machine will show you : "close rear cover 1"
    inside the machine on top of black toner, there is that lock, when you put the toners in their place, press it down , then close the top cover.
    when done, open the rear cover once and close it, you'll see that machine will be ok and the error will dissappear .
    cheers

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Congratulations on your success. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=