Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: KM C3232

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts RRodgers's Avatar

KM C3232

Hey guys, I got a KM C3232 that needs dev drive gears for black dev unit. Can I get the part numbers for the dev unit or do I have to replace the whole dev unit? Also, is this a monocomponet machine or is there dev in the dev unit?
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Re: KM C3232

If you order the developer unit it is with developer you don't need to order developer separete
    this is the part # 302FZ93111 PARTS DLP K ASS'Y

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Geo's Avatar

Save yourself a headache and order a new DV unit. If the gears are chewed up, most likely the seals are leaking and you have or will start losing DV.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    Save yourself a headache and order a new DV unit. If the gears are chewed up, most likely the seals are leaking and you have or will start losing DV.
    Yeah, that's what I told them. It's a Church and I don't think they have a lot of money. So I was going to see if I can get just the gears to get them by. But yeah, it will leak again and kill the gears again I agree.
    Color is not 4 times harder... it's 65,000 times harder. They call it "TECH MODE" for a reason. I have manual's and firmware for ya, course... you are going to have to earn it.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM C3232

Agreed. The rear developer seals begin to leak stating the whole mess. No individual parts available, but even if you had gears, the only way to get carrier is to buy the unit.

For future reference, if you see this problem on a CS-C4035E you'll also need to replace the black developing clutch. When the black developing unit seizes it destroys the clutch. All the other Voyager and VoyagerE models use gears to drive the black developing unit.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Yeah, this one is just popping and missing so I don't think any clutches have taken a hit. (not the same model I know) I'll just have to break the news to them. If anyone has a used unit they wanna sell feel free to drop me a line.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM C3232

You probably won't find used developing units.

I save very few. On the Voyager and VoyagerE series they rarely last the full 300K, and the color ones much less. If the customer is really looking at the image quality they won't be satisfied with a used unit.

When I remove the developing units I look at sim U131 > Auto. If the value at the right is 25 points or more different than the value at the left the developer isn't any good, usually overtoned. On high volume per month/high percentage of prints color/low fill percentage machines the color seems to last longer, often full cycle. On low volume, or low color count, or high percentage fill, I'm happy with 100K for color.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=