Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

Taskalfa 500ci, C2102 code

c2102 code, seems to happen at first turn on in the morning, they clear it and will run all day or sometimes will code a few times a day, always resets and runs. The manual says CMY dv motor or drive system. Has anybody seen this problem. I dont want to tear into the drive unit. I did replace all the dv's, still codes. I got the motor but haven't replaced it, waiting for them to complain more or for it to stop altogether.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts luis8832's Avatar

Re: Taskalfa 500ci, C2102 code

I havent seen this problem per say, but this tech bulletin might help you out. Good luck and keep me updated
    Attached Files Attached Files

Technician

C-2102 error. Cleaning motor is turning very slowly. replaced the developer units themselves. developer units were very hard to turn. This resolved the C2102

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Lightbulb Re: Taskalfa 500ci, C2102 code

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

komakino

Quote Originally Posted by milldew View Post
    c2102 code, seems to happen at first turn on in the morning, they clear it and will run all day or sometimes will code a few times a day, always resets and runs. The manual says CMY dv motor or drive system. Has anybody seen this problem. I dont want to tear into the drive unit. I did replace all the dv's, still codes. I got the motor but haven't replaced it, waiting for them to complain more or for it to stop altogether.
    i have had this code with brand new devs out of the box make sure they turn freely before fitting to copier, other than that its new motor and its easy to replace

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

I've had this code a few times. Before I replace anything, I take off the back cover and start up the unit while watching the the cleaning motors to see if they are all turning. If one is stopped, take it out and check the micro fuse, its probably bad. A little trick I learned from my Kyocera regonal tech rep. Saves a lot of time.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eddie110171 View Post
    I've had this code a few times. Before I replace anything, I take off the back cover and start up the unit while watching the the cleaning motors to see if they are all turning. If one is stopped, take it out and check the micro fuse, its probably bad. A little trick I learned from my Kyocera regonal tech rep. Saves a lot of time.
    Unfortunately that's not a definitive diagnosis though. I've seen bad motors that the fuse was not blown also. You'll learn more from swapping it with another. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Replaced dvs and problem solved, one was tight apparently. End of thread, thanks all for help on this.