Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM-6030, KM-8030

I've got 6 or 8 of them. So far all are underused. The only kind of calls I get are 1d10t errors. Paper guides not set right, can't install toner (could it be any easier?), can't find a paper jam in the DF650, like that. I don't think that I've had a real failure of any sort yet.

Oh, a broken switch flag on setup (FSW3). That's it. Great machines!

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

one note

Just look out for the fuser driving gearbox and motor in the rear of the machine these go at around a million copies.

apart from that a good machine all round

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar

J60 and J62

So nobody has had any giving these jam codes a lot??

We have had this problem at least two differnt locations, sure would like to hear if anybody else has seen this. Like a timing problem.

"Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker

Technician
    The Jam 00 comes up after a jam has been cleared or attempted and the machine restarted. This means it still sees a jam. You need to check the Sim 034? and see which sensor is stuck. It is ususally on of the vertical conveying sensors or the fuser exit sensor. Both of these pop out of place fairly easily and stick.

Duplex jamming has been rare for me but I have seen some. Most are not during duplexing but during switchback. Yesterday I had one where the paper was entering the switchback and the side paper guides were hitting the paper on the side and not letting it pull back up. I just widened the gap on the offending guide and no more problems.

I have had to replace that solenoid in the swithcback and the spring and frame where the solenoid pin rides because of a groove forming and causing the solenoid to stick.

d

Technician

Thumbs up KM6030/8030 Dulpex.

Yep Jam 60 and jam "62" are the commpm jams in the duplex area.Have found the solenoid in the duplex area for the paper conveying section needs a good clean out from time to time.Rust develops in the solenoid and it is slow to react.also make sur the white roller in the duplex section hasnt siezed up,and is spinning freely.If it isnt just strip and clean it.There is a one way gear in the back of the duplex tray(you will have to pull the duplexing tray out of the machine to get to it.Make sure that it is clean and free from grease.Apart from that there is a switch in the switch back section that comes out from time to time.it just before the paper comes into the duplex section.Hope this helps.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

km-8030

I've got 3 or 4 of these on my area and i've set them all to 1 million on the pm cycle. The heater roller goes at about 300k but after replacing it it lasts untill the million. Main problems i have are operator errors. Right hand side door sensors being pulled off - customer slams the door from the top, not in the middle hence it knocks the sensors out of its position(giving permanent jam), pick off bar(fuser unit) not being shut down properly, transfere section damage (customer) and various other damage to the machines. All in all a fantastic bit of kit and i prefere this to a ricoh 2105 which has a lower service cycle,its faster and a bitch to work on when the toner pipe goes tits up!

geoff_bell
    i've recently got a job in a reprographics department with one of these machines (coupled with a DF-650 finisher).

is there anywhere i can find a list of jam codes and what sensors might trip them?

Artsmith

Great Box

I've been running one of these for over two years now. It's the best b/w machine I've ever had. I put around 40,000 copies a month on it, and I go six months between services -- and it's usually something minor.

I also find that its a pretty intuitive machine; good controls -- it doesn't take a rocket scientist to run it. I'd recommend it to anyone.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: KM-6030, KM-8030

NEC put their name on these...love them! A lot of off lease deals with good prices are coming around now, with low counts of 1,2,3 or so hundred thousand...awesome!

juan_khu

Re: "00" jam KM6030

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyc View Post
    Hey Guys,

Have any of you seen "00" jam code on a KM6030. Technician replaced duplex switchback roller and now this jam code is permanently on machine...

Thanks,

Tom.
    Now I have 00 jam code on my 6030. anyone know how to solve this?
    thanks.
    juan