Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-6030, KM-8030

KM-6030, KM-8030

Anyone got their hands on a new Kyocera KM-6030/8030 yet, what do you think.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM-6030, KM-8030

Quote Originally Posted by 10871087
    Anyone got their hands on a new Kyocera KM-6030/8030 yet, what do you think.
    Well since no one else is interested, I will respond to my own post. This machine is almost a year old now and it kicks ass. We had a few issues with the early machines but KMA was quick to send out a fix for the issues we had, since then the machine has been running great. I can't think of any repeat problems that are even worth discussing. We have about 30 of these in the field and they are the best console I have ever seen from Kyocera going all the way back to the Mita days.
    Last edited by Aneurysm; 09-21-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Technician
    This one is not bad, although we turn down charge and increase transfer to eliminate drum and dev problems. Work just fine then.......

Technician

Thumbs up 6030/8030...are unreal...

I ave 9 of these machines in the field..7 of these havent given me any problems...I have visited 5 of these machines twice in 500k copies..not a bad track record..but wait there's more..wait for the new generation of color machines..they will send everyone running..TRUST me..KYO's will kick..butt...

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Great machines. The only issue we've had are document feeder problems. They have a tendancy to get real dirty when they feed originals from a printer. Lots of black dust causing lines on copies. Also one bad punch unit causing jamming. All in all, the best I have seen in a long time. We have about 20 in the field.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts knightfall's Avatar
    these are great machines but doc feeder has a problem, the mylars by the scan roller have a tendency to rip and bend which causes jams though these are small mylars and easy to carry they are a pain to replace. They do run dirty and cause CQ but overall I think they are great copiers, one thing must be done PM everything on the list and replace all filters early if copier is on carpeting in high traffic area, CQ and overheat more evident especially if used like a production unit.

Project Warder
    We only had these released recently here in Australia, and we only have 2 6030's on the field. Some of our higher volume users are the schools (they have managed to overuse 2 5530's :O ) and the mine sites we have up here. The 6030's are at one of the schools, and in the month they have had it its already done about 200k. I dont know if thats extreme or not but its more copies in less time and all of our other units out there, and i have a HUGE service area (it goes as far as around 1,000km away from where i am now). We havent had any issues with the units so far, they keep their machines pretty clean, we gave them some decent training on how to use the machines properly and clear all the basics. Found out they finishers dont come with punch units as standard so we are waiting on those to come in. Will let you guys know if we have any issues with them though.

Technician

"00" jam KM6030

Hey Guys,

Have any of you seen "00" jam code on a KM6030. Technician replaced duplex switchback roller and now this jam code is permanently on machine...

Thanks,

Tom.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

in my view

This one is not bad, although we turn down charge and increase transfer to eliminate drum and dev problems. Work just fine then......

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jimbo1's Avatar
    Anybody had a problem with jams in the duplexer area???
    "Some days you get the bear, some days the bear gets you."

Cdr. William Riker