Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Technician

pull scanning possible on a Km-2560

Is pull scanning possible on a Km-2560 whereby paper is placed on the ADF/platen & the doc is pulled from the ADF/platen from the application without using the document box?I do know this is possible with a TA color 3050i.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Re: pull scanning possible on a Km-2560

Yeah, it's called TWAIN scanning...
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

Here is a link to the twain drivers download page. The CS 305/255 can dramatically lower your TCO total cost of ownership...Kyocera's SMARTtech is affordable ignore the text. The link works.

Technician

Perhaps I wasn't very elaborative..baby steps.I have already setup TWAIN scanning on KM 2560 before whereby you have to use the document box for the retrieval of ur document.the process is as follows.

1)Install the TWAIN driver;on the TWAIN driver settings window,click on add,give the scanner a name,select ur model from a drop down menu & the input the scanner address.aka. IP & click ok to complete & then close.

2)the pull application that I'm using is Paperport v11SE & have already created a custom box on the MFD under the Document box option.To scan,place the paper on the ADF/platen,select store file,hit the Start button & the doc is stored in the custom box.To retrieve it(in my case),open Paperport,click on scan,it will open another window,select ur scanner(its IP is shown),open ur document box & click "acquire" to pull the doc to the Paperport interface.From there,move,modify etc the doc as u please.

3)Unlike a TA 3050ci,on this MFD you can TWAIN scan the doc like Canon iR 3300 used to do.Place the doc on the ADF/platen,go to Paperport,click scan & it opens another options window(duplex,adf,platen & such).After enabling ur preferences,click scan & the doc is pulled to ur Paperport interface immediately(no need for a document box to store the doc for later retrieval).

4) my query is,can the Km-2560 scan the doc like the TA 3050ci whereby no custom box setup isnt required?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts copymech's Avatar

yes, the 2560 should support the same scan tecniques as the 3050ci

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Think of TWAIN drivers as analogous to print drivers. So basically, the application is doing the scanning and TWAIN drivers just point to the desired scan device and supported settings. The application is responsible for determining where the actual file will be located and this occurs regardless of which scan device you choose.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Why don't you use the scan-to SMB function. Just scan to a shared folder. No need install drivers.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

I just went through this a few weeks ago with a customer. 1st twain scanning is old way of scanning. Newer units still have it because there is still some demand for it but it is not the same, due to little demand. Unfortunately the medical industry has not been able to get away from it since they can make sure the correct info goes in the correct patient. We had to sell the customer a 3035 instead of the original used 2560 since their program could not interface with the MFP's API interface. So basically twain scanning from a 2560 only from the hard drive, to pull it from the DP only on the older Kyocera's.