Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    RLRPC

Question Is my KM-5035 on its 9th Life?

Hello all.
    Just found this site via Google Search. Looks like a lot of knowledgeable and active folks in here.
    I'm peddling for a hand-out here as I am 100% untrained (beyond end user) on any brand printer/plotter.

Our Kyocera-Mita 5035 may be on its last leg, after approx. 8 years of incredible service. I'd hate to get rid of it but I'm nearing that point.

Long story short, it was relocated to a new location in the same office building and had its IP Address changed - it is not happy with us at this point. It's on a VLAN (192.168.11.xxx) dedicated to printers and scanners and its new IP is 192.168.11.1.
    The Win2008 R2 print server seems to detect it (it autoconfigures the port as a Generic Network Card?) and I'm using the 5.3.1025 KX Drivers on it, but the printer just does not seem to respond to anything.

Win2008 R2 print server cannot AutoConfigure the device (it seems to at first, as it properly-checks the tub-style Tray 3, but then the window crashes).

Win2008 R2 print server cannot print a test page (no end user can either).

The 5035 responds to pings.

I've printed its config sheet and its networking looks fine on paper.

At this point the way my mind works, would be to somehow reset it or reflash it to "factory defaults" and reconfigure it from scratch, hoping to snap it out of its stupor.

Is that possible, or recommended? If so, how?

Thank you, in advance.

-Matt

Kronic Copier Ninja 100+ Posts kronical's Avatar
    192.168.11.1 - .1 is usually reserved for gateways. Unplug the netwirk cable and ping the IP from a computer. If you get a response you have an IP conflict. Otherwise make sure the IP subnet and gateway are properly changed on the device.

Field Supervisor 1,000+ Posts Eric1968's Avatar

Re: Is my KM-5035 on its 9th Life?

Quote Originally Posted by kronical View Post
    192.168.11.1 - .1 is usually reserved for gateways. Unplug the netwirk cable and ping the IP from a computer. If you get a response you have an IP conflict. Otherwise make sure the IP subnet and gateway are properly changed on the device.
    X2

Most of the time 192.168.11.1 is a server or a gateway. Almost 100% sure you have an IP-conflict.

RLRPC

Question Re: Is my KM-5035 on its 9th Life?

Quote Originally Posted by kronical View Post
    Yeah, I guess if there's a VirtualLAN there's going to be a virtual gateway on that VLAN, as well.
    I bet such a simple oversight will explain what's going on, thanks! :-)

So I modified the Network Interface to = 192.168.11.10, but now the KM is prompting me to Enter my ID...??? Never saw this prompt in my life.
    IMG_0971b.jpg

RLRPC

Thumbs up Re: Is my KM-5035 on its 9th Life?

To supplement my prior post, you were both correct that it was a gateway issue.
    The printer is functioning, but the top panel won't stop prompting for this ID-Code business.

Found the solution on FixYa:

Push the Default Setting/Counter button on the top right side of the keyboard.
    Press the the Management icon on the display.
    Enter 6-4-8-2 on the keyboard and select the Management icon in the OFF position.

Thanks, all!