Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Re: Firmware problem

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    You'll need to start by loading a special set of (3) firmware files to load the engine firmware only. Once that succeeds you can load the combined firmware.

When it was at version 5.0, I had to do this for a "Hi-Voltage CPU-ERROR" when loading firmware to a CS-250ci. The files I have are for version 5.0. With that done a person could load the combined firmware 5.0, then upgrade

To get the newest version engine-firmware-only files you'll need to call the hotline.
    =^..^=
    I had this problem on Friday, was testing a customers main board and operation unit in our 400Ci, their boards corrupted my engine board. I tried the boot procedure and wound up with a "Hi-Voltage CPU-ERROR". Read this information and opened up 500Ci series update Ver 10 copied the following files to a USB stick DL_ENG.2H7 ENG2H7_1000023001, P_update and zImage.kmmfp. Placed the USB in slot A2 by in back. Turned on, I figured what the heck it doesn't work might as well give it a try, well it accepted the engine firmware. Next step is to load the full firmware upgrade, thie now worked and did not give a "Hi-Voltage CPU-ERROR". This worked for me I cannot verify that it will work for you. I chose the 2H7_ENG files because the 400Ci boards are 2H7 or 302H7. For the 300Ci the 2JZ_ENG files should work.
    Last edited by kkendric; 05-21-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: i posted possibly incorrect information

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Firmware problem

Hi,

Have encountered this welcome screen problem again but proving to be a little more problematic this time.

There were a few "mistakes" made trying to recover the firmware and the machine wouldn't even attempt to upgrade so we got a new code dimm in.

I have now managed to load panel and main firmware for version 14 (should I have went to 5 first?) and now when I try a full upgrade I get the Hi Voltage CPU error.

Regarding the 3 special files for engine firmware, can anyone confirm exactly what they are, by opening the files in notepad I would have assumed that DL_ENG.2H7 and ENG2H7 would have been sufficient but this fails.

Kkendric, I tried the files that you suggested but still get engine error when trying to upgrade... did you set the machine into boot mode first?

I understand that this issue has been covered numerous times and this machine could well be irretrievable but any further help would be much appreciated.

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

On the Main Operational PWB board bottom right there is a boot switch. With the power switched off and unit unplugged switch it to boot plug it in and let it run. It will take a while but will put the unit back to factory. After it finishes unplug it and switch it back and immediately run your new firmware
    Attached Images Attached Images

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Firmware problem

Quote Originally Posted by eddie110171 View Post
    On the Main Operational PWB board bottom right there is a boot switch. With the power switched off and unit unplugged switch it to boot plug it in and let it run. It will take a while but will put the unit back to factory. After it finishes unplug it and switch it back and immediately run your new firmware
    Thanks, this is what I have been doing but when I try to upgrade the full firmware I get the hi voltage cpu error so I want to try just the engine firmware only

Service Manager 250+ Posts kkendric's Avatar

Yes you will need to load the Engine only, See my last post to see what files to cut and paste to your USB stick

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Firmware problem

Got this sorted, I had been using the files your post although I think you just need the two to load engine firmware.

After trying every trick I know to get it to load the firmware it still kept failing at the engine update so I tried loading the same files on one of our workshop machines and it updated successfully. I then swapped the engine board out of this machine and put in the other one, loaded engine firmware and done a full upgrade so I assumed that it was the engine board was faulty...

Out of curiosity though I put the "faulty" board into the other machine and attempted to load the firmware, it worked fine so I returned it to its original machine and both now both are up, running ad fully upgraded. I'm not sure if it was a loose connection because it's never had any major work done on it before but hey all's well that ends well I guess.

Ps: it's been mentioned before but the key to these problems when using the boot switch is infinite bloody patience, my lack of which meaning we needed to get in two code dimms instead of one.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Firmware problem

Oh, and thanks

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Jules Winfield's Avatar

Did you try slapping the living shit out of the "delightful human being" who cut the power mid firmware update? It probably won't get you any closer to fixing the machine, but it will undoubtedly make you feel better.
    But I'm trying, Ringo. I'm trying real hard... to be the Shepherd.