Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

FS-1028/1128 clutch problems

Has anyone had problems with the clutch pack on these? I have only around a dozen in the field and we have had to replace clutches on at least 3 of them. The symptoms are the registration is off by a little as a half inch to several inches, due to the registration clutch slipping from being dirty and will jam because the timing is so far off. What appears to be happening is the drum with the image is further along than the paper so the bottom 2/3 rds of the image is lead edge of the copy paper, in other words if you put an arrow on top and bottom of original the trail edge arrow image is 3-4 inches up from the trail edge of paper. The clutch pack cost around a $100 so it's now starting to piss me off and will probably stop selling them and go back to Canon.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Re: FS-1028/1128 clutch problems

Ya, the clutches are bad on these, have seen 3 bad registration clutches and 1 developer clutch bad
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

We have over 70 of these out in the field and have had to replace only 1 clutch pack. Most of our problems are with fusers. Thanks for the heads up, we'll keep an eye on it.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    We have over 70 of these out in the field and have had to replace only 1 clutch pack. Most of our problems are with fusers. Thanks for the heads up, we'll keep an eye on it.
    Yes fusers have been a problem as well, the frame warps and thermostat grinds into hot roller, we have been making sure that the sleep timers are set for 60 minutes now.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

Venom, not a bad idea!! I'm going to run that by the boss.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Technician

new software has been released to fix the fuser issue, I havent tried it yet but i'm hopefull

ACMTech

Quote Originally Posted by Venom View Post
    Ya, the clutches are bad on these, have seen 3 bad registration clutches and 1 developer clutch bad

Hello,

What is the part number for the registration clutch pack?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

We have a customer who has many of these with platen covers, mainly used for printing. I have had customers lean on these and damage the frame which results in off set reg

Technician

actually the problem turned out to be a gummed up reg. roller whatever lube they put on at the factory went hard. I just removed and cleaned the upper reg. roller and problem solved. so try that before replacing any parts.