Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

Question Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

Was trying to find a thread where I don't hijack anyone elses problem and here we go J34

I have more and more issues with J34 and J32 all in registration. All machines have modification in feed sections a.e springs, new type rollers and separation mylars. As I have quite a few machines with this issue I decided to have in office one machine that is solely for eliminating j34 and j32.. meaning I use the reg units from failing machines in this dedicated to check if its reg. unit problem or more than that. As the dedicated machine had a overhaul, and I am confident in it, than it has to be the registration unit.

As I have not got any spare NEW reg motor or reg-feed motors my question is ..has anyone changed these yet? I hardly ever had a step motor to fail. When I wiggle the wiring it starts to jam like mad.Ocasionally I hit the right position on wiring and it works. Swapped motors registration with reg-feed where I had to turn the bracket on both motors by 90 degree. Still jamming. Is it the connectors or the actual wiring.. Has anyone had that? Already ordered one set of wires ..2 months to get it in

Just asking to check if I missed again something.

.OK Google! ... will I need Berrocca this morning?
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

It sounds like you've got the problem nailed down. I've never changed a registration motor, but that doesn't mean anything. From what you've said, there is probably a loose wire connection in the body of the motor. Can this motor be disassembled for a better examination? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    It sounds like you've got the problem nailed down. I've never changed a registration motor, but that doesn't mean anything. From what you've said, there is probably a loose wire connection in the body of the motor. Can this motor be disassembled for a better examination? =^..^=
    I am on it now! Just landed my multi-meter to colleague and he wont be back today

but I am trying "different" wires from another machine...and if that wont work, then...the HARD WIRE a.e no connectors just straight solder in to the Transfer/Fuser TRAY Assembly Connector ..Bypassing any other connector issue.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks BC for prompt response.
    Firmwares HERE

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Pulse motors as we find them in copiers have three or four magnetic circuits which are "pulsed" at very specific intervals to regulate the motor speed. For three circuits there will be six wires, and for four circuits there will be eight wires. The motors that I have examined all have approximately the same resistance across each circuit. I would attach clip leads and perform the "wiggle" test. If the resistance changes when you tug on the harness you've found the problem.

Sorry. I misread your initial post. It seems like you've isolated the problem to harness and/or connectors. The most vulnerable of these is the main drawer connector. It would help to bring along a friend to help you meter pins from the duplex PWB (connector YC5) right to the registration motor. I would think that with the imaging unit removed you could pull out the drawer, clip on leads, then close the drawer and read values.

As long as you're in there, I'd watch for rust dust from the fuser drive pack raining down on the duplex PWB.

Good Luck! =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 05-28-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Thumbs up Re: Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com

Quote Originally Posted by manuals4you View Post
    This Parts & Service Manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from

Just Manuals ~ The Internet's largest selection of manuals ~ Instant Downloads

Paul@justmanuals.com
    Paul, which manual do you need service or parts ? Can send you both.
    Firmwares HERE

Thumbs up Re: Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Pulse motors as we find them in copiers have three or four magnetic circuits which are "pulsed" at very specific intervals to regulate the motor speed. For three circuits there will be six wires, and for four circuits there will be eight wires. The motors that I have examined all have approximately the same resistance across each circuit. I would attach clip leads and perform the "wiggle" test. If the resistance changes when you tug on the harness you've found the problem.

Sorry. I misread your initial post. It seems like you've isolated the problem to harness and/or connectors. The most vulnerable of these is the main drawer connector. It would help to bring along a friend to help you meter pins from the duplex PWB (connector YC5) right to the registration motor. I would think that with the imaging unit removed you could pull out the drawer, clip on leads, then close the drawer and read values.

As long as you're in there, I'd watch for rust dust from the fuser drive pack raining down on the duplex PWB.

Good Luck! =^..^=

May well be...now just someone to give me hand. Tomorrow another day. Thanks... I have tried another reg .harness(maybe faulty too) and it is going worse so have to wait for the "hopefully" original fuser/transfer/reg drawer to come back tomorrow. Only then I can say confidently is the REG or THE HARNESS from REG or the harness and connector on drawer.. doubt it would be close to PWB issue as that is hardly touched and the machine done on friday 4k without jam..so ...it must be on the drawer OR within.

Sun is shining..going home.
    Firmwares HERE

Lightbulb Re: Km6030.8030.cd1060.1080 j32- j34

Quote Originally Posted by habik View Post
    May well be...now just someone to give me hand. Tomorrow another day. Thanks... I have tried another reg .harness(maybe faulty too) and it is going worse so have to wait for the "hopefully" original fuser/transfer/reg drawer to come back tomorrow. Only then I can say confidently is the REG or THE HARNESS from REG or the harness and connector on drawer.. doubt it would be close to PWB issue as that is hardly touched and the machine done on friday 4k without jam..so ...it must be on the drawer OR within.

Sun is shining..going home.

Just wanted to add in case someone need the motor specification in the future Shame only latest models are there Hybryd Stepping Motor Registration specification17PM-K.pdf

Hybrid Stepping Motors - Custom-made
    Firmwares HERE