Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Glen

Unhappy CS 2550 Confusion!

OK, back to square one! New drum and the same output. Now thinking that something is out of tolerence in the transfer section. Unfortunately I do not have the specs for any of the CS-2550.

I'll try to stop in the middle of a copy and see if the info is on the drum. This thing is driving me crazy!

Glen

I'm not sure if you checked your other reply are not. but the maintenance count will show you the count up to 150k but will not let you clear it once you reach 150k then it gives you the option to clear it as well as show the count. im not sure why this is but its the way it is I think its stupid(what if you need to replace a damaged drum!).

im somewhat familar with this model what was the original problem
    I want to choke the axxhole who designed this!!!!

Glen

CS 2550

The original problem was that I was getting print only on the left side of the paper which would then fade completely to the right. Installed new drum, transfer roller and fuser. Am beginning to believe that the problem is mechanical as though something is misaligned. I've no specs for clearance on the transfer roller and I think someone has been in there before me.

Don't you just love it ??

Glen

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    if the image looks good on drum, then i would look very closely at your connections around the transfer roller area. also, make sure your springs under roller are installed correctly.
    hth and good luck,
    ray

Raym took the words out of my mouth. I would check to make sure the transfer has good connections also (when the transfer roller is in place. pull gently on either end at once to see if one end is not secured correctly are if the part that holds it down is broken. i know on the 3035/4035/5035 there are some plastic bushing clips that hold the transfer roller down that get broken from the door being slammed.. Im not sure if that is an issue with this model.

On the end of the drum unit somewhere on the end,( i get the units confused with the 3035/4035/5035 alot) there should be a metal tab. Look in the inside of the machine where it is suppost to go. this is the drum ground connection. if it is dirty from toner clean with alcohol. sometimes toner can get built up on it and cause the drum not to get charged are lose charge in rotation. Although im trying to remember if the ground is one of the wires you plug in the front above the toner that comes out of the front of the drum unit.. if so ignore the first part of the paragraph and test that harness with your meter. if the image is printing but the density is stronger one side of the page and fades over to the next. it could be a charge problem with the drum ground.

also run the simulation that is used to check the drive motors in the service mode. run the main drive while cheating the door. Whenever the drum is rotating do you hear a faint knocking noise. If so take the back of the machine off . there is a gearbox directly behind the drum unit in the back of the machine that also the flywheel rod is attached to. there is a plastic piece connecting a bearing on it. the bearing itself maybe fine but the plastic piece may be broken. causing at random times as the main drive is spinning allows the drum unit itself to push toward the front of the machine breaking something in the drum unit as its rotating causing for a brief second the toner to smear . as the copys come out it want jam but will smear toner on one side of the page at random times. you can replace the drum unit and it will work for a while untill the new drum unit itself is broken from the force of the gearbox trying to push it out the front of the machine. if this is not the case ignore this message i understand you said fade instead of smear.(dont mean to scare you since you put in a new unit)
    sorry my memory sucks. Just trying to help you the best i can

also you didnt say whether are not this was happening on internal prints are just on the plattend are doc feeder.

As for do i love it? I like the feeling of when i get this crap fixed and i get to go home at the end of the day with no weight on my shoulders about having to go back in the next day a face my boss and tell him i havent fixed it yet. yeah ive only been doing this about 7 months(green) it's very stressful but im pulling my wieght. but its good i like it so far.
    Man some of these designs suck . some parts are meant to be metal
    Last edited by Sathsayin; 12-12-2007 at 05:13 AM.
    I want to choke the axxhole who designed this!!!!