Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kyocera KM 4050

Junior Tech 50+ Posts Arc Angel's Avatar

Kyocera KM 4050

I am currently working on updating a KM4050 machine, but it seems to keep coming up with an error code stating that the full firmware is not in the flash drive. But I have extracted the firmware into a usb stick, but it still gives me that error. It says that the complete file is not found, but I downloaded that firmware directly from the KYOCERA Australia website through a secure login username and password my boss gave me. It also reads ip server not found. I even tried sending the dimm back to Australia to have it programmed as it was a new dimm, but it still gives me the errors. Need help urgently.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Kyocera KM 4050

Re: Kyocera KM 4050

Is it version 2.45a dated 09 August 2010?

So you download the firmware, extract it to the USB stick (less than 1GB stick), placed on the root of the drive with nothing else on the stick. You disconnect the network cable, power off at main power switch, insert USB stick, power On, ... then what happens exactly? =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

I apologise, the machine is actually a KM 2560 and not a 4050. But I downloaded the firmware like I said and extracted it into a memory card reader. Then I switched off the machine and turned the little switch on the control board to boot. After the memory light on the control panel became steady then I switched off the machine, turned the switch back to normal and plugged in my memory card reader. The thing is I have tried a flashdrive already, but I have not tried one with a memory capacity less then 1gb. I have also tested the control panel on another machine, so I can confirm that the control panel is not the problem. The machine always gives me the same error. "Complete file not found", "ip server not found", "panel end file not found" and "panel CPU error. Can confirm that is I tried to use a flash drive with a memory capacity less then 1gb will work.

Thanks.

Kyocera KM 4050

Quote Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
    I apologise, the machine is actually a KM 2560 and not a 4050. But I downloaded the firmware like I said and extracted it into a memory card reader. Then I switched off the machine and turned the little switch on the control board to boot. After the memory light on the control panel became steady then I switched off the machine, turned the switch back to normal and plugged in my memory card reader. The thing is I have tried a flashdrive already, but I have not tried one with a memory capacity less then 1gb. I have also tested the control panel on another machine, so I can confirm that the control panel is not the problem. The machine always gives me the same error. "Complete file not found", "ip server not found", "panel end file not found" and "panel CPU error. Can confirm that is I tried to use a flash drive with a memory capacity less then 1gb will work.

Thanks.
    Did you miss a step? After you've initialized the panel firmware (green light on steady), did you turn off the machine before inserting the USB stick? I'm not just nit-picking. There's only one way to do this task successfully.

What was the initial problem that caused you to update the firmware, or was it just routine? There's no need to use the boot switch unless the machines firmware is already crashed. =^..^=

The problem was that when the machine was turned on, it would first read program loading, which is actually normal. But then it never finished loading. It just reads program loading and never continues on so that we could use the machine, it freezes at that. I got advice from a tech in Australia to have the Dimms changed, but then when we did, it made no difference and so he said that we should try to update the firmware, but that did not work because the machine gave out the errors that I mentioned before, so I sent the Dimms over to him to have it programmed, but even after he sent them back, there was no difference. Any other ideas. And yes I did which off the machine before I plugged in the flashdrive and then I switch on again and it starts with "Program Loading" as usual, but then asfter a few minutes it gives me those errors.
    Last edited by Arc Angel; 07-17-2012 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Missed out on information.
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

And by the way, I am not using a usb with a memory less then 1gb. Mine is actually 2gb. Do you think that this the reason the firmware is unable to update.
    The secrete of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly and lie about your age..... No man is so poor as to have nothing worth giving.

Kyocera KM 4050

So far I can't criticize much. But I do things a little differently myself.

1) I always use CF cards to flash machines older than the CS-420i, which includes the Stratos. Just format the card on the machine, or any other Stratos or FalconIII machine. Place the extracted firmware files on the root of the card. The rest of the procedure is the same. I believe that I have a better success rate with CF card method. The card should be as small as possible, 256MB or 512MB.

2) When you installed the new DIMM it still needs firmware loaded. New DIMMs never have current firmware, and usually none at all.

3) When you installed the panel, did you load firmware? Same as #2

4) Next step is the main PWB, and yes firmware. But honestly it usually does not get that far very often.
    =^..^=

Well then I'll try and get a removable device with a memory capacity lower then 1gb. But can you confirm that any device lower then 1gb memory capacity should do it.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Arc Angel; 07-18-2012 at 05:20 AM. Reason: wrong info

Kyocera KM 4050

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    So far I can't criticize much. But I do things a little differently myself.

1) I always use CF cards to flash machines older than the CS-420i, which includes the Stratos. Just format the card on the machine, or any other Stratos or FalconIII machine. Place the extracted firmware files on the root of the card. The rest of the procedure is the same. I believe that I have a better success rate with CF card method. The card should be as small as possible, 256MB or 512MB.

2) When you installed the new DIMM it still needs firmware loaded. New DIMMs never have current firmware, and usually none at all.

3) When you installed the panel, did you load firmware? Same as #2

4) Next step is the main PWB, and yes firmware. But honestly it usually does not get that far very often.
    =^..^=
    Quote Originally Posted by Arc Angel View Post
    Well then I'll try and get a removable device with a memory capacity lower then 1gb. But can you confirm that any device lower then 1gb memory capacity should do it.

Thanks.
    Confirmed. But note: I said CF card (compact flash card), not USB flash drive. =^..^=

Note taken. Thanks.