Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts daveyball's Avatar

Kyocera address book back up

Is there anyway of backing up the address book from the 4550ci, other than to USB stick. We have a customer who would like to do it from a CSV file, like the Ricoh range, I have been told that KMNet Admn will do it, but I have tried and can't see how.

Thanks

Re: Kyocera address book back up

You can't get it in a .csv, only .xml with KMNet viewer Version 5.0 or higher. Older KMnet viewer would do it to .csv on older machines firmwares, but once you flash up the machine to new firmware it wont, i don't remember the version numbers.

In KM net Viewer, get connected to the machine
    Right click machine > advanced > Set Multiple devices

Brings up a wizard you can go thru, Select Create from Device, Then One Source device and select your machine, on the last step select a file location to save to and then finish.

It didnt work for me the first time, after it finishes you can look at the log file ( witch is a csv ... yea, no xml export but log file can be a csv, thanks Kyocera!).
    After mine bombed on me, i re did the process but seleced overwrite in the first screen in the wizard, and then saved over the failed export file, and it worked.

I need to figure out how to take XML to CSV, because i have a TK300i that had 243 address book entries that need to get into CSV so i can put them on an older cs5050.

You can also go into TechRep mode and use code 917 and back it up to usb. Witch is some encrypted/proprietary file that you cant open on a PC, but it does work for backing up and restoring to the same machine.

Good Luck

Thanks I'll have a go at that, I saw the back up wizard on the KMNet viewer, but didn't know about the log file.

Quote Originally Posted by b3p0 View Post
    You can't get it in a .csv, only .xml with KMNet viewer Version 5.0 or higher. Older KMnet viewer would do it to .csv on older machines firmwares, but once you flash up the machine to new firmware it wont, i don't remember the version numbers.

Brings up a wizard you can go thru, Select Create from Device, Then One Source device and select your machine, on the last step select a file location to save to and then finish.

It didnt work for me the first time, after it finishes you can look at the log file ( witch is a csv ... yea, no xml export but log file can be a csv, thanks Kyocera!).
    After mine bombed on me, i re did the process but seleced overwrite in the first screen in the wizard, and then saved over the failed export file, and it worked.

I need to figure out how to take XML to CSV, because i have a TK300i that had 243 address book entries that need to get into CSV so i can put them on an older cs5050.

You can also go into TechRep mode and use code 917 and back it up to usb. Witch is some encrypted/proprietary file that you cant open on a PC, but it does work for backing up and restoring to the same machine.

Good Luck

With the sim U917 you can use KMSetup Tool to open the file ( not all... ) and convert the file for different Kyocera family models.
    Insert the USB key, back up the address data with sim U917 and then save the file on your PC.
    Then , convert the file using KMSetup Tool ( it's easy).SetupTool_20110415.zip

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by b3p0 View Post

Good Luck
    You can open an .xml file with Excel, then save it to .csv. We were able to upload a .csv into a 4500i with KMNetViewer.

Technician

We have a problem getting a 6550ci address book into a 5050. When accessing the 5050 in NetViewer, I get the message that it doesn't support Multi Unit and that's the end of it. Anyone have experience importing an outside file, .csv, maybe, into a 4050 or 5050? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wescott View Post
    We have a problem getting a 6550ci address book into a 5050. When accessing the 5050 in NetViewer, I get the message that it doesn't support Multi Unit and that's the end of it. Anyone have experience importing an outside file, .csv, maybe, into a 4050 or 5050? Thanks

I think that won't work, as the controller architecture on the 5050, is quite different to the Taskalfa range.

ieeeee 50+ Posts

Sorry to bump an old thread......

I am having an issue with the Setup Tool. I have a customer with an older Task 400ci that is upgrading to a new Task 4551ci. I have tried to multiple times to use the tool and all the message I get is file not supported from the 400ci. WTP. The file PDF claims it works with the 400ci but it is not accepting. This customer is a RX coating MFG so security is giving me the jiv. Any one have luck with this "awesome" setup tool?

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityCopy View Post

I am having an issue with the Setup Tool. I have a customer with an older Task 400ci that is upgrading to a new Task 4551ci. I have tried to multiple times to use the tool and all the message I get is file not supported from the 400ci. WTP. The file PDF claims it works with the 400ci but it is not accepting. This customer is a RX coating MFG so security is giving me the jiv. Any one have luck with this "awesome" setup tool?

I'm pretty sure that the two models are incompatible, I thing to copy between models they have to be the same generation.

Owner/Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Kyocera address book back up

Quote Originally Posted by MadCityCopy View Post

I just did a 400ci to 4551ci last week with no problems. I did 917. Then with the Setup Tool, do File>open & browse to the file. You have to do them one by one. If you do file import, that would be for the .CSV file you export from KMNet Viewer. Supposedly you can do the export & conversion all within KMNet Viewer. I haven't had a chance to work on that yet.
    Hope that helps !
    -Tony

www.dtios.com
    Become a fan on Facebook