Taskalfa 3500i/4500i/5500i fusers

I've come across at least 3 of these now where I'm getting fine lines of toner building up on the heat roller of the fuser along the separation claw lines. When the machine gets good and hot and running along a long job I'll get paper sticking to the roller and getting caught up under the sep claws. These fusers are all just under 150k. I don't see them lasting the 600k the are rated for. I don't see getting half that if they keep going along this way. Anyone have any tips or tricks on what they are doing if they are seeing this?
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Re: Taskalfa 3500i/4500i/5500i fusers

Three things:

1) Make sure your fan filters are clear, and that your fans run and point the right direction. Elevated internal temperature can contribute to this.
    2) Check that it's OEM toner. Aftermarket toner may fuse at a lower temperature.
    3) Lower the fuser temp 5F.

=^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Yeah we were discussing this somewhere else and lowering the temp seems the way to go. I think it's utterly stupid that these problems are coming in at 1/4 the life of the fuser and you can't order new sep claws or anything. Just a new fuser. If these things are crapping out like this at 150k I'd hate to see them at 600k which they are rated for.
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

They are the same claws as in the TA221 and they can be ordered. I too have seen jamming caused by toner buildup and paper lifts up 2nd claw from front and can separate the tip off the claw. Cleaning and rubbing silicon oil into heat roller worked last time I had call.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

fuser has a maint cycle for 300K.
    use only original Kyocera toner.
    fuser became an LLU

The Fuser is rated for 600k. That's the cycle for the Maint Kits they come in and in the Service Manual it says 600k. We called our regional tech rep and he hadn't heard anything about problems with the fusers. Called someone in warranty dept and they are buried in fusers. They said just to warranty them back so that's what we shall do. We also use OEM toner because I as a tech don't want to be out there wasting time and money on machines using crap toner.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Is your enduser running a significant amount of envelopes? I've seen this going back to the HP LJ4200. If envelopes are ran a lot, you'll get 2 lines of toner on the heat roller exactly 4 1/8" apart. The one closer to the front is only 15mm from the third fuser claw, and pulls it right in.

AFAIK there is not solution to the envelope line. The fuser will last about 1/3 of the standard yield (on any machine, any manufacturer). I'd almost rather see these customers run clear labels, rather than the envelopes. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

We just started rebuilding them, ordering rollers from Aliexpress, pickers and such. Make sure the gears are greased up good, and bearings flushed and lubricated, our going yield is about 175-200k, poor design. Using all oem toner on these machines, Kyoceras hate compatible toners, been there done that,