Thread: KM5050 C3300

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

KM5050 C3300

Hi, have anyone of you encountered C3300 on KM5050? Lamp is okay. Before i go to CCD PWB and SHD PWB, is there any advise i should do, like do's and don't? By the way, how do you disassemble the SHD PWB from the machine Thank you very much.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Masterchief's Avatar

Re: KM5050 C3300

I dont have my manuals with me but what does the code relate to, have you reset and tried to reboot the machine

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM5050 C3300

I have literally never seen a blown lamp on a Kyocera Mita product. Ever since lamps changed from Halogen to Xenon or Fluorescent they never fail.

But I have seen cases of false C3200 and C3310 codes as a result of poor quality power, especially overloaded circuits. What it comes down to is that the lamp just does not light quickly enough or brightly enough. I'd set up the Power Quality Analyzer, and see just how crappy the power is. Overloaded circuits show as high ground to neutral values (anything over 0.5vac is too much). In the cases I've seen ground to neutral was 4.0vac to 35.0vac.

Note: just hooking up your meter for 5 minutes to 1 hour will not give you an accurate picture. You really need the PQA, and for a 48 hour period. =^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 09-19-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    KM5050 C3300

Quote Originally Posted by Masterchief View Post
    I dont have my manuals with me but what does the code relate to, have you reset and tried to reboot the machine
    C3300
    CCD AGC Problem. After AGC correct input is not obtained at the CCD. 1) Reseat connectors @ SHD PWB & CCD PWB, 2) Pinout harnass, 3) Repl lamp & inverter PWB, 4) Repl SHD PWB, 5) Repl CCD PWB.

C3310
    CIS AGC Problem. After AGC correct input is not obtained at the CIS. 1) Repl DP inverter PWB, 2) Repl CIS, 3) Repl DP Main PWB.

Oh, and don't touch the CCD or SHD PWB. There is probably nothing wrong with them, and by removing them you'll probably unfocus the optics.

=^..^=
    Last edited by blackcat4866; 09-19-2012 at 02:28 AM.
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts rashid120's Avatar

i encountered same problem C-3300.....please change the exposure Lamp....even it looks good...replace it....your problem will be solved.

Thanks and Regards.

Rashid Iqbal

Senior Tech 250+ Posts goldencup's Avatar

Thanks for all your help. Problem solved. Our guy here replaced the top glass because it was broken, they took a glass from a different machine (KM3530) which they thought it is the same. At first look yes they are, but the WHITE "whatchamacallit" under the the glass is different causing C3300 to appear.

grumpy old git 500+ Posts banginbishop's Avatar

good to know you fixed it

i've had to replace a lamp (blown), also had a lamp covered in dust and the underside of the glass dirty to give these errors

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Just an FYI on this code. We've actually had that code come up on a machine in a REALLY filthy environment. Blew some air on the CCD sensor (really lightly and I don't recommend canned air). Problem went away.

Service Tech

Quote Originally Posted by ES-OGT View Post
    Just an FYI on this code. We've actually had that code come up on a machine in a REALLY filthy environment. Blew some air on the CCD sensor (really lightly and I don't recommend canned air). Problem went away.
    All these comments were very helpful as I have to look at a KM5050 in the morning with this very code. Of course, I would have looked up the code and had a think but using sites like this in advance of going to a call can speed up things as all of our experiences can really shed light on things. I'll come back to you after my first call to let you know what I did.

Later