Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar

Question Scanner Coin Box

I was just asked if you can hook up a coin box to a Kyocera product and charge for scans.... Anyone come across this? Is it possible?
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

DotsOnPaper
    I don't see any reason why not. You would simply add the coin box like you would a keycounter. Don't forget to enable maint mode 204. The Coin box would enable/disable the entire machine eg copier/printer/scanner. Not knowing the intent of the end user, I speculate you would either (A) need a pc connected next to the MFP to plug a thumb drive into or (B) scan to e-mail set-up to deliver the scan to a portable use.

Hope this helps.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    Scanner Coin Box

I agree, It seems plausable. My concern is that there may be no way to obtain a count down signal to decrement the coinop. Usually the reg clutch or exit sensor are used as a count down signal, and neither would be used in scanning. Your only hope is that the controller kicks back some sort of count down signal. Maybe you could use scanner home position switch as your pulse?

Let me know how this works out. This is just the sort of impossible thing that my sales department would want to happen.

Service Manager 250+ Posts just a tech's Avatar
    we've got a couple of copystars with coin boxes..none of ours have scan options though..but i don't see why it wouldn't work with the proper set up..once the copier is enabled, i would think there wouldn't be any difference between copying,scanning, or otherwise.. the coin ops we use are from Vendapin LLC .. when using the coin-ops, ya have to enable maint. mode #206.. website for them is "vendapin.com" ...hope all goes well..

The Great Gazoo 250+ Posts kyoceradude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Maybe you could use scanner home position switch as your pulse?
    That wouldn't work because of the doc feeder. Unless they don't sell it with a doc feeder. 1 scan at a time. Hmmmmmmm. The customer want's it to vend for each page scanned, copied and even printed. We're talking about Kyocera Mita Falcon III's. They even want to talk about color machines...
    My mission here on Earth is to help all you Dum-Dums!

Quote Originally Posted by kyoceradude View Post
    That wouldn't work because of the doc feeder. Unless they don't sell it with a doc feeder. 1 scan at a time. Hmmmmmmm. The customer want's it to vend for each page scanned, copied and even printed. We're talking about Kyocera Mita Falcon III's. They even want to talk about color machines...
    With a 'small' amount of electronics you should be able to use a signal from a clutch in the doc feeder. As for printing/copying also, maybe a signal from the mechanical counter can be integrated in?

I built the first (for Australia) card reader interface for the CF3102 - using a whole stack of logic chips. A nightmare, but it worked.
    If you are hitting your head up against a wall it always feels better when you stop.

Scanner Coin Box

Wagon,
    No mechanical counter on a Falcon III. Only digital. You could still use the reg clutch or exit sensor for prints & copies. It's the scans that's perplexing...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

CONNUNDRUM REVIVAL!!!::Re: Scanner Coin Box

I don't know how to flag this one, but our "sales" department recently made a sale to a local university of several Kyocera 4550ci and 3550ci machines...Two (2) of those machines have coin ops attached. The university establishment wants to make "free" scans available to the students. The only problem is, to enable the machine interface (remove the "deposit coinage") screen block, you have to deposit 25 or 10 cents!....You can then use the scanner without being charged and you can get your money back by pressing the refund button on the coin op machine! The IT head sees this as an extra "hassle"...Is there a way to enable the scanner without coinage deposit???

My thought is no, since the coin op acts as a bouncer at the entrance to a bar taking a cover charge!

Gotta pay to play!....Just in case you decide to make a copy!

Any other thoughts Senior Copy Techs?

Thanks in Advance for ANY INFO!!!!

Scanner Coin Box

Re: Scanner Coin Box

Maybe some sort of Hypas App can be written, but that won't be free. That will add a cost to the sale. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Technician

Re: Scanner Coin Box

We have a TA 4053 setup with a ITC coin op
    the customer wants Free scans .
    has anyone seen a way to allow scanning from the panel without inserting coins.
    the Sharp Boxes did not restrict scanning under vendor control.

Thanks