Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 520i with DF 780b -error c-8040

Quote Originally Posted by Techman1000 View Post
    This one about drove me nuts we ended up swapping out the finisher then it happened again on another finisher.

The gear in this picture ended up being the problem, the gear on the right is the good one!
    I came across this issue....usually saw it when stapling where the paper would not be aligned correctly...if you don't know to look for that missing piece of gear that just kinda hangs out on it's own you'll miss it....I'd never have noticed it if I hadn't looked at another finisher to see it...
    "In a cruel and evil world, being cynical can allow you to get some entertainment out of it."

Gar the pilot

Smile Re: 520i with DF 780b -error c-8040

Master Sparkee, I just retimed our DF 780 and wanted to say thanks,.that did it. I had replaced the other cam type gear 305JA70740 thinking that was all that was wrong, but still had the code. retiming was the fix. I am glad these post stay up and the search works good.
    Gar the Pilot
    Blue Sky's and Happy Trails.

Darr750

Re: 520i with DF 780b -error c-8040

I finally found a fix for this that doesn't have to do with any of the replies. Their are 2 gears with a Line that connects the 2 that need to be lined up. attached is the gears lined up
    Attached Images Attached Images