Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

1028/1128 fuser grinding

has anyone found a good solution to the grinding of the fuser by the scraper claws? at least once a week i end up replacing one of them and its starting to get on my nerves how crappy they are.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    1028/1128 fuser grinding

Re: 1028/1128 fuser grinding

I don't do many Mita anymore, but if the claws are putting too much pressure on the heat causing noise I would reduce the tension of the claws.

Stretch the springs out a bit to reduce tension, or find smaller springs that fit.

Old school field mod.
    Why do they call it common sense?

If it were common, wouldn't everyone have it?

Service Manager 250+ Posts Zackuth's Avatar

We have not had an issue with the claws, just the thermostat grinding into the heat roller. That might be your issue. Kyocera has redesigned the fuser and put out a new version of firmware--13 and higher--that is supposed to take care of the issue. We have nearly 70 in the field and I keep 6 spare fusers on hand.
    If at first you don't succeed, redefine success

Service Manager 100+ Posts eddie110171's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zackuth View Post
    We have not had an issue with the claws, just the thermostat grinding into the heat roller. That might be your issue. Kyocera has redesigned the fuser and put out a new version of firmware--13 and higher--that is supposed to take care of the issue. We have nearly 70 in the field and I keep 6 spare fusers on hand.
    We have had that happen several times too. Seems to happen around 80-90k.

Technical/IT Support 500+ Posts Venom's Avatar

The new firmware lowers the fuser temp around 30˚C so the fuser frame shouldn't warp anymore. Also make sure that sleep mode is activated.
    IBM, Mita, Konica Minolta, Ricoh, Kyocera, HyPAS, Canon, Oce, Samsung, HP, TEO IP PBX/Unified Communications, Comptia Network+ Comptia PDI+ Certifications

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

The new fusers that I am putting in are the same as the old. The firmware only lowers the temp in the sleep mode. When you put in a new fuser flash the machine and turn sleep mode on.

I know it's an old thread but I have to replace the fuser because the coating is pealing off. Can someone tell me more about upgrading the firmware to lower the fuser temperature? This unit is an Olivetti rebranded FS1028mfp.
    Thanks, a lot.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vicus View Post
    I know it's an old thread but I have to replace the fuser because the coating is pealing off. Can someone tell me more about upgrading the firmware to lower the fuser temperature? This unit is an Olivetti rebranded FS1028mfp.
    Thanks, a lot.
    At this point I would not worry about the latest firmware. When you replace the fuser blow all the dust and stuff out of the fans and make sure there is good airflow around the machine. Set the sleep timer for the shortest time possible.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    1028/1128 fuser grinding

I ran into this a lot back when we had a lot of these out. All I did was replace the fuser and upgrade the firmware and didn't have any more issues. But as old as these are now, I would follow tonerkillers advice and be sure the fans can provide good air flow. It is due to the fuser frame warping due to heat.