Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    KonicaMinolta Tech. 250+ Posts CMB's Avatar

recent traning you had

just got back from Chicago from a week of konica 7020 thru 7235 training. a lot of stuff i already knew, some stuff i did not. it was the first time i ever flew on a plane. that was cool. chicago is a huge city. they said 3 million inside the city limits. my hometown has only about 175,000. anyway, i\'m scheduled to drive to Atlanta for the konica/minolta 200,250,350 series copiers the first week of december.
    http://christianoutdoorsman.com/forums/
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital
    630-1 Capital Circle N.E. | Tallahassee, FL 32301
    Telephone: 850.222.4418

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    recent traning you had

Re:recent traning you had

Most of the new Kyocera machines have on-line training so it has been a few years since I have been down to their national training center in Dallas. They have a good facility, laid back, nothing too stressfull, it\'s usually a nice break from the ordinary. Kyocera training online is OK. It covers what it needs to. All the Kyocera machines are so similar now that it\'s easy to figure out anything.

NEVER been on a plane before?

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    recent traning you had

Nothing like a week of Super High Intensity Training (SHIT). I just had 1 on the new RFG h.v. color. Hope you didn\'t fly UA, I did, they delayed me both ways. Like you stated I find that somethings they preach I know and somethings are very good to learn. The mechanical isn\'t that bad but understanding the machine process is the key. Then the connectivity side of the new stuff is another story. :evil: :evil: :evil:

First Flight?? Hope security was kind to you!!! :cheer:
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

not only do we have to have classroom training, we have to take pre-reqs first to be qualified for the classroom stuff. i guess they want you to know a little of something before you get there.

the main reason my company is sending everone to these schools is, they want two people trained on every peice of equipment we sell. KM will not let you have a machine unless you have trained people, a laptop computer, and microsoft certified persons. the compitition down the street somehow has equipment in the field with no factory trained people on anything. we have not figured out how they did that yet. its also a sales tool. we can tell customers that we have two people factory certified on all equipment and we have the tools to make things work.

this should put a big kink in the compitition......
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. 1 Peter 2:12

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    recent traning you had

The RFG has simalar requirements, some more strictly enforced than others.After all this new training how do you get comped for your new skills?? We basically get a bonus for scoring well on the training test, but salary is annual only.

Also my observation on training is that a week class only covers the hardware. The network capabilities is another class or 2 for a given machine. The IT side of the equipment is increaseing tremendously. Happy Halloween
    :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

i\'m sure i will get something out of it- a bonus or something. the company really does take care of us. its a small mom and pop type business. i\'ve been with them 3 years and do not plan on going anywhere.

at the end of the chicago school we were to learn about connecting the printer and scanner features and making them work, but the intranet in the classroom didn\'t work, so when we finished plugging in all the info, nothing worked. so how do I know if i did it right?? i\'m just assuming that i did.....
    www.lewisdigital.net
    Lewis Digital