Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Awesome Sauce 250+ Posts User Name's Avatar

U410 error code S004

I was replacing a drum unit on a CS-5500i and I followed the instructions in the manual on which modes to run the maintance mode after the replacement. U119, U140, U464, U412, U464 (Do I really need to run this one twice?), and U410. But when I tried to run U410, the first print out I tried to scan kept giving me the S004 code. I tried it several times and the paper was on the glass in the correct orientation. The copy quality looked fine after I was done with everything else so I eventually gave up but I guess I should figure out why this mode isn't working.

So, why am I getting this error and what do I need to do to make U410 work properly? Is there a place in the manual that details troubleshooting for these codes besides the basic descriptions of the error codes in the U410 desription page? I'm new to Kyocera/Copystar copiers and still learning how to fix them so any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    U410 error code S004

Re: U410 error code S004

According to pg 1-3-138 of the Service Manual, the S004 is an original inclination error.

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that you've got an optical skew preventing the patches from reading properly, or perhaps the test pattern printed onto a skewed piece of paper.

In either case I would look for a skew, either paper skew or optical skew. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    According to pg 1-3-138 of the Service Manual, the S004 is an original inclination error.

If I were to make an educated guess, I'd say that you've got an optical skew preventing the patches from reading properly, or perhaps the test pattern printed onto a skewed piece of paper.

In either case I would look for a skew, either paper skew or optical skew. =^..^=
    If it is an optical skew, how would I go about adjusting that?
    O.o

WARNING: My profile page can cause blindness in small children and old copier techs. View at your own risk.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    U410 error code S004

Find out first. It depends on just how much skew we're talking about. 2 or 3mm we may be able to bend the scanner body a little. More than that, and where's my 3# sledge hammer?

Has this machine a history of optical issues ... blurry images, machine dropped, doors that don't fit or close properly?
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    Find out first. It depends on just how much skew we're talking about. 2 or 3mm we may be able to bend the scanner body a little. More than that, and where's my 3# sledge hammer?

Has this machine a history of optical issues ... blurry images, machine dropped, doors that don't fit or close properly?
    =^..^=
    I've never noticed any issues with the images being skewed and the customer hasn't had any complaints. My company delivered and setup the machine and hasn't been moved since then so I doubt it's ever been dropped, no blurry images, or issues with the doors. The pattern could have been pulled crooked from the tray but I'm not sure. If it was, it wasn't that bad. The patterns weren't noticeably skewed to me but I wasn't really looking for that problem. I'm planning on going back there soon to work on one of the customers other 5500i's soon so I'll do some more investigating when I do.

Thanks for the advice!
    O.o