Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

km-3530 jamming from deck

Has anyone had trouble with a deck jamming? The paper jams just before the timing roller. It only jams out of the deck when running letter size paper, legal will run fine. I have changed all the feed tires, sensors, switched cassettes and feed units, ... any thoughts?

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by copydr View Post
    Has anyone had trouble with a deck jamming? The paper jams just before the timing roller. It only jams out of the deck when running letter size paper, legal will run fine. I have changed all the feed tires, sensors, switched cassettes and feed units, ... any thoughts?
    Make sure the blue and yellow feed rollers are actually touching each other. inside of the lower left access door. (PF-73?)

Also check that the one way clutches in the lcc are ok.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    km-3530 jamming from deck

Quote Originally Posted by copydr View Post
    What Jam # are you getting? is the paper just stopping or is it getting crunched?

3530 deck problem

Some years ago lift motor problems associated with jam removal and firmware was damaging the deck main board, but that generally effected the entire deck. Upgraded firmware generally took care of the problem. On rare occassion though, I have seen the main board on the machine not generate switch timing for a specific size paper. Does the machine feed the letter 11 x 8.5 or 8.5 x 11R at all. You've probably already reseated the connectors on the deck board, but wouldn't hurt to check main board. I have probably only seen this twice in the last 4 years or so, but it can happen.