Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    sysroute

KM 3530 Password Reset

My company just purchased a KM 3530 from craigslist. The unit came with a password already setup, but we have no idea what it is. What is the process to reset the password? Also, we are looking to add fax capability as it doesn't appear to have a fax board installed. What does that normally run?

Thanks,

Jason

Expert on The Obsolete 100+ Posts leroyal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sysroute View Post
    My company just purchased a KM 3530 from craigslist. The unit came with a password already setup, but we have no idea what it is. What is the process to reset the password? Also, we are looking to add fax capability as it doesn't appear to have a fax board installed. What does that normally run?

Thanks,

Jason
    Call a local dealer and setup a service call. Ain't nuthin' free, Jason

I think a fax system is $500.00, installed by a qualified service technician.

sysroute
    I ask because I'm sure that if I'm told how, I can do this myself. If it's as simple as pulling a battery off a board or something of the sort I can save us the cost of a technician. If you know the solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jason

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    KM 3530 Password Reset

Quote Originally Posted by sysroute View Post

Thanks,

Jason

Call a tech, it will be money well spent AND the fax system will cost you much more then $500 unless you can find a used one. Call a dealer with a well trained technician for this one. The original fax system for that machine is no longer available. there was a replacement fax but they are also pretty close to being discontinued. Besides the parts you need to install with the fax system (it's not as simple as a slide-in card) you will need to upgrade the firmware on the copier and also install a firmware change on the fax system to get the newer style fax system with the older copier.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts dogsbody's Avatar
    another option for the management code would be to read your user manual, if you don't have one, you can download one from kyocera. It will tell you how to change the codes and turn management codes on or off.
    The force will be with you always.

reset

6482 should get you in