Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fuser grease

fuser grease

I work with mainly ricoh, savin, etc and I\'m looking for the best high temp grease with out a stench.

Technician

Re:fuser grease

i use lubriplate from katun but i find i dont use fuser lube that much any more with the hightemp plastic parts. i do use it on the lower bushings in the smaller sharps.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    fuser grease

Mita used to sell \"Temp-1\" grease that worked ok back in the day but for the past 6 or so years I have been using a product called \"Super Lube\", you can pick it up anywhere. Its a clear synthetic oil that comes in a pen type oiler. its rateed for about 400 degrees but I have never had a problem with it in fusers. It\'s a very thin oil so a drop is almost more then enough for any squeek.

I agree with Imagertech, I haven\'t needed to lube a fuser in a while. I feel that most copier an printer noises have nothing to do with a lack of lubrication. 97% of the time noise is caused by dirty bushings, shafts, clutches... A little cleaning or a new set of $10 bearings will last longer then a lot of oil.

peanut wrote:
    I work with mainly ricoh, savin, etc and I\'m looking for the best high temp grease with out a stench.
    Thank you for the help

AutoMajical Resolutionist 2,500+ Posts
    fuser grease

You can also get superlube in a tube that is grease instead of an oil.Check with katun or Ames supply. Ricoh reccomends and sells mobil temp 78. thats the dark grey high temp grease. They also use barierta grease for the fuser bushings, but it ain\'t cheap and I\'ve only seen it from ricoh.:evil: :evil: :evil:
    Mystic Crystal Revelations

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    fuser grease

Which ever grease you use, make sure you slather it all over everything. Put on enough so that it can dry out in a month or so and turn into tar and cause all kinds of strange drive system drag problems. Unless you using something that comes in an aerosol can. If so, make sure you spray enough to coat the entire back of the machine and don\'t forget to hit all the clutches and the idlers in the exit area.

Any old tech can clean, but only a stud tech can transform a well running machine into job security with a can of WD-40.

Oh well, just my attempt at humor after a long Monday. :S

fuser grease

agree
    g

Callbacks - the iron clad guarantee of job security (to a point!). What about only half doing a pm? Grumble. Rant. Rave. Whack. I feel better now.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts
    fuser grease

Molycote HP-500 Grease

Try Molycote HP-500 Grease. Its made by Dow Corning (sharp part # UKOG-0235FCZZ). The Sharp color machines are know for "click, click, clickclickclick, click..." whenever the fuser rotates. Smear this stuff on the ends of the driven fuser roller to stop the bearings from rocking back & forth.

Second choice (distant second) Chemplex High Temp Grease. It runs all over the place. It stinks, but doesn't burn.

i learned this from an old xerox guy, years ago. he had come out of retirement because he needed medical insurance. he started out working on the very first xerox copier. He told me that you can get all kinds of stuff to lubricate fusers, but the best thing is automatic transmission fluid. it's made to be a long lasting, high heat lubricant. put a little in an oil bottle and yer set. it's cheap, plentiful, and i used it for years. works great, especially on bearings...but remember, with lubricant, use only what you need, and put it only where you need it